Premed 101 Forums

Body Odour??

seegibson

How do you tell a co-worker that they have impossibly bad body odour without seeming rude and disrespectful??

There is this one guy that I work with, and EVERY DAY he shows up to work smelling awful. I just started at a new job so I'm trying really hard to get everyone to like me, but I just cant handle this guy!

So how do I do it ? Any thoughts? Insights? Stories? Anything is much appreciated. :confused:

The internet has a solution for you!

http://nooffenseoranything.com/

Pretty much what I was going to say

Just make an e-mail account that is anonymous and say something like

"Dear ______,

I am one of your co-workers at ___ and I feel that I must comment on your body odour as it is distracting to myself and potentially other co-workers. Etc etc etc.

Sincerely,

Your Co-Worker"

Disclaimer: This tactic will not be successful if you are the only co-worker

As perfect as this internet solution would be, I dont know how practical it is... I dont have his email address! And in this day and age its kinda random to be like "hey, what's your email?", plus then he would realize that it was me who sent it to him - defeating the purpose of using the website.

This is a bit off topic. okay a lot off topic, but do you guys notice a difference in smell between redheads and blondes with alot of freckles vs brunettes? Not bad or anything, but different and very noticable. Is it just me?

No I never noticed. When I have more free time I'll go around smelling everyone around me and keep track of their hair color and complexion and get back to you.

This is a bit off topic. okay a lot off topic, but do you guys notice a difference in smell between redheads and blondes with alot of freckles vs brunettes? Not bad or anything, but different and very noticable. Is it just me?

i'm picturing dongzhou walking down a busy street and sniffing all the girls he passes. is it just me?

Usually, this is a problem to be dealt with by human ressources/staffing.

Inform HR of the situation and insist it gets fixed. If possible, have other co-workers do the same. I know this involves talking behind the subject's back and you may feel uneasy about it, but the situation has do be dealt with.

I myself am a little more blunt in this fashion, due to my work experience. I would talk to the offender in person and let him/her know that I and several others have noticed the offending odour. Ask them if is a medical condition and inform him/her about proper hygiene and social expectations in your work environment. Maybe the subject doesn't realise he/she stinks or that he/she is the only one at your work who stinks.

Archived