Premed 101 Forums

Completely Honest OBGYN...

aaronjw

this guy is literally like the male version of my adhd doc, she runs 2-3 hours late, tells it like it is, is totally politically incorrect (she asks me what percentage of my class was chinese, makes all sort of cultural commentary that everyone is afraid to make) i love it though, if u're the next patient u can just leave her office, grab a coffee, leave a note saying u'll be back in 15, and she doesn't give a ****, you can also show up 3 hours late and she'll just put the patients who show up on time ahead and see you when you show up... i'm like doing this tax credit thing where i get all my retroactive back taxes back from the last 10 years for having adhd and she's like so, ummm, what symptoms will get you lots of money but not be stigmatizing. she's handed me out like 600 dollars worth of free coupons for vyvanse, even though i prefer adderall xr, and is ike sorry, they don't send coupons for the poor anymore, they got their market share high enough, i've never heard so many consistently "inappropriate" statements than in that office, but come on we're all thinking it, why not just say it.

you're not even allowed to call a patient fat anymore, out of fear you'll offend them, do you get offended when you see your dui lawyer and he talks about sheltering your alcoholism from the judge, didn't think so.

i'd love this guy as an obs/gyn if i were having a kid.

lol, that's hilarious, almost all my clinical experience was in psych so you have to be careful with them as they're really sensitive, but in private you joke about some of the crazy **** you hear, it's just human nature

er's the best, you see some of the stupidest **** ever, and the moment a lot of the attending walks out and are 15 feet away they crack some of the most hilarious **** i've ever heard, it's like getting canned, no one likes being laughed at when they're canned, but if you watch it you can't help but laugh...

Well, one of the surgeons I've worked with returning calls obese patients "whales" albeit not to their faces. He's lucky that general surgery isn't especially compatible with regional anesthesia alone...

people tend to forget that a C section is a surgery with all the complications associated to it. The recovery time is longer with a C section and it's associated with more morbidity than vaginal delivery (wound hematoma, infections).

If you're planning another pregnancy there's a higher chance of placenta accreta on the site of the incision and uterine rupture.

I'd think bout it twice

Maybe someone can explain this to me becuase I've never figured it out anatomically, but when I worked as a trainer I used to do this abs/glute quick class. There was this one move, and a bunch of women just could not do it. After a few weeks of this, I finally made the connection that they had ALL had C-sections and none of the women who could do it had ever had a c-section.

I mean, muscle gets cut, right? Or am I unerstanding this totally wrong?

Maybe someone can explain this to me becuase I've never figured it out anatomically, but when I worked as a trainer I used to do this abs/glute quick class. There was this one move, and a bunch of women just could not do it. After a few weeks of this, I finally made the connection that they had ALL had C-sections and none of the women who could do it had ever had a c-section.

I mean, muscle gets cut, right? Or am I unerstanding this totally wrong?

From my experience, you cut the linea alba and then separate the two rectus muscles. Some women will have some residual rectus diathesis afterwards, as most of the surgeons I saw do not reapproximate the rectus muscles with sutures when closing, but just let them 'fall' back into place.

people tend to forget that a C section is a surgery with all the complications associated to it. The recovery time is longer with a C section and it's associated with more morbidity than vaginal delivery (wound hematoma, infections).

If you're planning another pregnancy there's a higher chance of placenta accreta on the site of the incision and uterine rupture.

I'd think bout it twice

+1. And most of the women dying during childbirth 200 years ago had little to no prenatal care and were giving birth in their homes (usually with the aid only of a midwife without any medical training), not in hospitals or surrounded by medical staff and equipment.

While I completely disagree with all these doctors believing and even telling women that wanting to have a natural birth is stupid and that surgery is always a better option (because it's not), I also disagree that doing it at home without trained medical staff is the safest option. In any case, very funny video!

plus, i'm told by my older, married friends that the sex is worse after their partner after the woman has a kid the old fashioned way, plus the c section scar isn't bad at all, i find it quite cute actually.

Actually, my mom had C-section and I don't know if this is common in all women or it is just hers, but it lightly hurt even 7 years later. I'd much rather go through it naturally and feel the pain then and there instead of feeling it years later.

Archived