Premed 101 Forums

Help! I'm addicted to this board, afraid to check my mail...

Guest help

I check this board a million times per day and every time I check my mail, my heart starts beating uncontrollably. I am done with interviews. However, it's the prospect of receiving a rejection/waitlist letter (from OOP schools) any time that's driving me nuts.

I still have 1 exam left, but that provides no diversion at all. What can I do to get my mind off this whole process?

Guest UWOMED2005

I don't know. . . but checking this board repeatedly WON'T help. Next thing you know, you'll be a medical student addicted to checking this board!

I went through the exact same thing last year. . . checking the 'other' board (Delphi) became such a part of my routine that I've continued to check both Delphi and this board every time I check my e-mail. . . hopefully some of my advice has been useful!

Almost less than a month to go for you guys.

Guest aneliz

Only 31 days until D-day in Ontario!!

My suggestion, find a brainless yet addicting online game to play. Something like tetris or my latest favourite called 'collapse'. (A shockwave powered game that is kind of tetris-like). Failing that, play solitaire, lots and lots of solitaire. You can waste soooooo much time.....

:rollin

Don't stress too much. Remember, there is nothing you can do now.

(T minus 31 days and counting....)

Guest princejr13

Thank god I'm not the only one addicted to this page. Ian look at what you've started ?!?!?! If I don't get into medical school I am going to blame it on this online cult of med wannabe's ... kidding!! Hey atleast you guys in Ontario will know in a month. We here is Sask don't find out until June 30th! But they do let you know if you passed or failed the interview ... and that interview notice should be in the mail anytime this week. If I fail then its over, but if I passed, there's two more months of agonizing wait .....

Guest ItsmeMelissa

Checktheboardaholic too.....Yes, 31 days until May 31st, but more like 34 or 35 days until that letter is in my hot little hands :/

Ok if I am not the only one who is checking the board a hundred times a day then who else:

1. Can't sleep?

2.Has the attention span of a gnat?

3.Switches daily between certainty of acceptance and the abyss of "what if I don't get in"?

4. Checks the mailbox expecting a letter to be in ther whilst knowing full well that there is another month of waiting!!!!!

I suspect I am not alone!

So...anyone heard any good jokes lately?

You guys are so funny! But I guess I'm getting a little impatient myself. I work 10 hours/day so I haven't had much to time to waste thinking about the results of my interview for the past couple months. Just go outside and do something fun with your friends now that your exams are over or go get a summer job quickly. As for UC interviewees, only 11 days left till the phone calls begin.

Cheers!

Guest PeterHill0501

Yup...it seems to be an epidemic...isn't their a vaccine for this?

My symptoms are extremely similar, with a few minor variances, possibly related to my gender...

1. I can sleep fine...once I'm asleep :) ...but I'm up at 2:00am every morning...with nothing else to do other than checking this board!

2.I would better compare my attention span to a single-celled organism...

3.I switch daily between certainty of acceptance and the abyss of "there's no way in he$$ I'm going to get in"...

4. Checks the mailbox expecting a letter to be in ther whilst knowing full well that there is another month of waiting!!!!!

You are definitely not alone...

A good joke...this is a very subjective judgement, however, here's one to try on...somewhat distasteful...but funny:

A guy's wife was complaining that her breasts weren't as large as she would like...she went to her doctor, who she'd been seeing for many years, and asked what she could do...the doctor told her to take a piece of toilet paper and wipe between her breasts every day at least once. She said..."what's that going to do?" She said...don't worry...it works...look what it did to your butt over the last few years!

Guest ItsmeMelissa

A doctor was having an affair with his nurse. Shortly afterward, she told him that she was pregnant! He didn't want anyone to find out so he gave her some cash and asked her to go to Italy and have the baby there. He told her to send him a postcard that says "spaghetti" on the back when she has the baby.

Not knowing what else to do, she took the money and flew to Italy. 8 months later...the doctor's wife calls him at the office and tells him that he got a strange postcard from Italy in the mail.

The doctor rushed home, read the postcard and fell to the floor with a heart attack! Paramedics rushed him to the hospital. The head medic stayed back to comfort the wife. He asked what had happened before the cardiac arrest.

The wife remembered the postcard and picked it up to read:

"Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti- Two with sausage and meatballs; two without!"

:P

Guest PeterHill0501

:b

That's a good one...what about this one...also somewhat distasteful...but also funny...I apologize in advance if I offend anyone...it will be much funnier if you know people who are francophone...and although I speak French very well, I'm sure there are some English equivalents which could apply to my "command of the French language".

Pierre is a little boy...one day, at band camp, one of Pierre's teachers asks the class if they'd remembered to create a sentence with the word "ozonol". One of Pierre's classmates put up her hand and said...here's mine...she said "I scraped my knee when I fell off my skateboard and my father put ozonol on it." The teacher replied "That's very good Jenny!" Pierre quickly put his hand up...he said..."Hey teacher, I got a good one too!" The teacher said, "Pierre, what's your sentence?" Pierre, brandishing boyish confidence, stood straight up...took a big breath and said "My fodder and I were watching the ockey game, la, and my mudder was vacuuming the ouse...she started vacuuming dee TV room carpet and my fodder said 'Hey...turn dat ting off or I'll shove it up your a$$, ose an all!'"

Guest The beaver

Ha ha ha I love those jokes here's some quick doctor jokes that might tickle your funny bone:

1. The surgeon told his patient that woke up after having been operated: "I'm afraid we're going to have to operate you again. Because, you see, I forgot my rubber gloves inside you."

"Well, if it's just because of them, I'd rather pay for them if you just leave me alone."

2. A doctor and his wife were having a big argument at breakfast.

"You aren't so good in bed either!" he shouted and stormed off to work.

By midmorning, he decided he'd better make amends and phoned home. After many rings, his wife picked up the phone.

"What took you so long to answer?"

"I was in bed."

"What were you doing in bed this late?"

"Getting a second opinion."

3. A young woman went to her doctor complaining of pain.

"Where are you hurting?" asked the doctor.

"You have to help me, I hurt all over", said the woman.

"What do you mean, all over?" asked the doctor, "be a little more specific."

The woman touched her right knee with her index finger and yelled, "Ow, that hurts." Then she touched her left cheek and again yelled, "Ouch! That hurts, too." Then she touched her right earlobe, "Ow, even THAT hurts", she cried.

The doctor checked her thoughtfully for a moment and told her his diagnosis, "You have a broken finger."

4. A guy walks into work, and both of his ears are all bandaged up. The boss says, "What happened to your ears?"

He says, "Yesterday I was ironing a shirt when the phone rang and shhh! I accidentally answered the iron."

The boss says, "Well, that explains one ear, but what happened to your other ear?"

He says, "Well, jeez, I had to call the doctor!"

5. If it is dry - add moist; if it is moisten - add dryness. Congratulations, now you are a dermatologist.

6. Patient to the eye doctor: "Whenever I drink coffee, I have this sharp, excruciating pain."

"Try to remember to remove the spoon from the cup before drinking."

I hope you like 'em ! :)

later

the beav

Guest ItsmeMelissa

:rollin

I love it...some threads on this board are sooooo nasty and serious. Meanwhile....over in this one we are laughing our heads off as we sit in front of our pcs. Yeah for those who can still keep a sense of humour!

The Beaver- any significance to your name? Just curious cause this guy named Beav used to live with my boyfriend....whose nickname by the way is Barf. Any connection? If not thanks for the jokes...

Melissa

Guest The beaver

I'm proud to say I have no connection with a guy named Barf :):)

The beav is a nickname I got when me and a few friends went camping in high school. To make a long story short, I was farting around near a river bed off Lake Erie along a pile old broken tree trunks (unkown to me a beaver dam) when 3 of the biggest beavers (the animal of course) you have seen started charging after me, I finally shook them after 20 minutes of frantic running by climbing into a tall tree. All the while my friends were dying in laughter. To this day I have been known as the beav.............geez now I'm so embarrased :/

Heres another couple jokes for the road Melissa.......

Take care and say hi to your friend the Beav and Barf

1. Three doctors are in the duck blind and a bird flies overhead. The general practitioner looks at it and says, "Looks like a duck, flies like a duck... it's probably a duck," shoots at it but misses and the bird flies away.

The next bird flies overhead, and the pathologist looks at it, then looks through the pages of a bird manual, and says, "Hmmmm...green wings, yellow bill, quacking sound...might be a duck." He raises his gun to shoot it, but the bird is long gone.

A third bird flies over. The surgeon raises his gun and shoots almost without looking, brings the bird down, and turns to the pathologist and says, "Go see if that was a duck."

2.At a medical convention, a male doctor and a female doctor start eyeing each other. The male doctor asks her to dinner and she accepts. As they sit down at the restaurant, she excuses herself to go and wash her hands.

After dinner, one thing leads to another and they end up in her hotel bedroom. Just as things get hot, the female doctor interrupts and says she has to go and wash her hands. Once she comes back they go for it. After the sex session, she gets up and says she is going to wash her hands.

As she comes back the male doctor says, "I bet you are a surgeon".

She confirms and asks how he knew.

"Easy, you're always washing your hands."

She then says, "I bet you're an anesthesiologist."

Male doctor: "Wow, how did you guess?"

Female doctor: "I didn't feel a thing."

He He He

Later

The beav

Guest Kirsteen

A good time for some sharing of my signature joke:

Q: What did one killer whale say to the other killer whale in the bar?

A: RRRRRRREEEEEEEUUUOOOOOOWWWWWOOOWWWPPPPR-ROOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRchRRRRREEEOOOOOH.

(Impressive, eh?!)

Man, one hour post my final final exam, I could use one of your martinis, Peter (and me and that potato distillate don't normally dig one another!).

Kirsteen

Guest UWOMED2005

I can tell this one because I'm partly Scottish. . .

Why do Scotsmen wear Kilts?

Because Sheep can hear a zipper a mile away.

Guest Kirsteen

Ho! I am Scottish and that was bluddy awful!

Here's another:

What do you call a fish without any eyes?

Fsh

Some oxygen, please,

Kirsteen

Guest PeterHill0501

OK, it's official, as marked by May 1 (my birthday)...only 30 days until all those poor guys standing by the mailboxes in the admissions offices across the province can finally let all the letters they're holding drop into the mailboxes! Man, they must have strong arms!

Guest ItsmeMelissa

Come on all of those who think Peter is a great guy. Sing it now!

I'll Start: :D

HHHHAAAAAPPPPYY BBIIIRRTTTHHDDAAAAY TOOOOO YOUUUUUUU...

Guest haloo

Three statisticians went hunting one day. A duck flew overhead and the first statistician raised his gun and shot but he missed the duck by a foot too high. The second statistician aimed to shoot and also missed the duck but by a foot too low. The third statistician yelled "We got it!!"

Guest PeterHill0501

An old man and an old woman are having breakfast together one morning...to spice things up, they agreed to have breakfast in the nude. The old woman says to the man "my breasts are as hot for you now as they were 45 years ago." The old man replies "That's because they're hanging in your porridge."

Archived