Premed 101 Forums

Kirsteen

Guest ItsmeMelissa

Guest ItsmeMelissa

Just curious...

Are you actually from Scotland or do you just have strong Scottish family ties? The reason that I am wondering is that I spent 2 years living there, miss it madly, and never miss a chance to talk about it!!

Something to take our minds off the whole admissions thing......

Melissa

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there Melissa,

Where were you living, or did you have a chance to move around the country a bit in the two years that you were there? Did you try school in Scotland too?

I'm a born and partially bred (until almost 12) Glaswegian. Especially when nervous, the accent is loud and clear. (Yeh, it was a little on during the UBC interviews!)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest ItsmeMelissa

YEAH!

I was in the U.K. on a working holiday visa for the better part of 2 years! I was living and working in Scotland when I wasn't travelling to other countries!

I lived in Inverness for about 5 months, then moved down to Edinburgh for quite a while, also had a short stint in Pitlochry last summer (haha the scone ladies!). Got to see lots of the country including Orkney, Skye, most of the NW coast, and of course a couple of crazy nights in Glasgow! I miss it like crazy!

Didn't do any studying (except of people and pubs!) but had a few friends who were at the University of Edinburgh. There is no way I could afford it or else who knows?

Heard about your dilemma with UBC. That truly sucks! Hope you can appeal it or something. Where else are you applying and where do you live now?

Melissa

P.S. I know where you can get IRN BRU hee hee hee! :D

Guest Kirsteen

Och eye the noo, Melissa!

Cool, you've been to parts that I'd love to travel to (isn't that often the way it is: "Yeh, yeh, I live here, I'll get to see it later...").

We'll see what happens with UBC--hopefully some good things. As to other places in the pipe, currently there are none. Living now: downtown TO.

Ah, Irn Bru--I actually have a bottle in me fridge. Love it.

Nice chatting with you about the homeland,

Kirsteen

Archived