Premed 101 Forums

Farewell

Guest Beaver

Guest Beaver

Hi all

thanks for all the great convo's and support/advice/laughs during the med school application stuff.

Due to reading the latest comment on the Beaver "hunting" post I have decided to bid a farewell to the board (I suspect the last post was the reason it was deleted) In any case I'll head back to the Den, but remember I'm still rooting for everyone :)

Good Luck I hope things work out for the best for all the awesome applicants :):)

Thanks for everything

later

the beav

Guest BCgirl

Hey Beaver,

Just ignore all the immature comments. You probably still have lots of advice that people could use... and the board would be worse off without you.

Best of luck! :)

Guest PeterHill0501

Beaver,

I didn't see that post...It's kind of eerie to have someone who doesn't even know you go to that extent, eh? Just remember that people who post stuff like that and vent anger in an anonymous forum like this are the ones who lose. I personally hope you stay around...your contributions are always helpful.

If you really do decide not to hang here anymore please do e-mail me directly (click on my name to get my e-mail address) as I would enjoy keeping in contact with you.

Ian...you're too funny...it's kinda like you know and have experienced the "power of the drug".

Peter

Guest TimmyMax

Hey there Beaver,

It's sad to see you go, especially since I really don't know what has gone on here between the time I last posted and this morning. Seems like there's been a lot of bad karma floating around lately- Peter's right about the anonymous posting, though, in terms of people venting, sometimes in an unnecessarily inflammatory manner. Hopefully you haven't taken any of their posts seriously.

Anyhow, it's been great chatting about meds, research and hockey with you! :) Best of luck to you and don't forget to cheer on our Leafs!!!

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Timmy

Guest Kirsteen

Hey Beaver,

It would be unfortunate to see you "go" if you choose to really do so, as you've posted a heck of a lot of cool and informative stuff in the past wee while, since you started becoming a denizen of The e-Ian. Do try to shake off whatever the contents of that post was, chalk it up to adding a few layers of well-keratinized epithelium to that shell, and please find some comfort in the other folk who appreciate your words.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest cheech10

Give it another chance. Your insight and thoughtful comments will be sorely missed. And how can you re-educate those opponents if you're not present?

If you're set on leaving though, I wish you all the best in your future, and you should know that we will miss you.

Guest ItsmeMelissa

DON'T DO IT BEAVER!!!!!

In the end those people who are angrily venting and doling out insults like they were candy will tire of their silly attention seeking games. It is clear that you and many of us out here are committed to the purpose of this board being the dissemination of information and support. Don't let these forces of darkness get you down. We all appreciate your contributions to the board and you would be sadly missed.

If you do go underground (or under dam as the case may be) good luck on June 4.

Melissa

"Oppression I won't let you near me. Oppression you shall learn to fear me." Ben Harper

Guest UWOMED2005

Hey Beaver,

I'd like to reiterate everyone else's comments. Your opinions are highly valued and you've certainly made a worthy contribution to this board. I know what it's like to have people attack you anonymously who have know clue who you are. It's despicable that people would take advantage of being able to post anonymously to tear into others. . . but how can anyone honestly take any stock in the opinions of someone who would post offensive messages anonymously on the internet? (And I'm still wondering why anyone would waste their time that way!! Do they have nothing better to do with themselves? What losers! Sorry - I don't mean to be offensive, but this is ridiculous!)

Anyways, my suggestion would be to read the posts from everyone supporting you, maybe take some time off, but if you enjoy posting here come back in a few weeks once things have settled down.

Cheers,

"Mr. Rader"

Guest PeterHill0501

What's really scary is that these guys (or this guy under multiple login names) could actually get into meds if they are truly academically bright and possess enough sociopath tendencies to hold it together for 40 minutes or so.

I personally believe if these guys are for real the system will weed them out. If the admissions system doesn't catch them...their classmates will...if their classmates don't then their patients will if they should happen to graduate and get licenced.

I firmly believe that even the best sociopaths can only hold it together for so long.

Peter

Guest Ian Wong

The fix is simple. Ignore them and let me or one of the moderators delete their messages. No need to feed the trolls. Beaver, you're always welcome here. Come back when you want.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived