Premed 101 Forums

Summer Homework

Guest nby

Anyone else get homework in the mail today? What a crock!

edited to add: i really should not be complaining, sorry guys, just really surprised

Guest clinicalchief

Ya apparantly med school starts in July now ;)

I'm about 20 pages in, I can't say its the most interesting book I've read so far, but Robertson Davies has a fantastic reputation as an author, hopefully it will turn out to be a decent read.

nby are you actually taking notes? I haven't yet and probably won't at all. Hope they don't ask to see our homework ;)

cc

no, i'm definitely not taking notes. This is kind of a surprise and I have alot of backpacking and visiting old friends and family planned pretty much all the time now until I start, I might end up having to skim the last bit (read: bit = half).

and yes, my cousin in 3rd grade can read faster than I can...

My friends in med 1 there now make ethics sound like the least of our worries, so as long as I know the story I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to contribute to any class discussion or write a comprehensible paper, at least until I get a chance to full sit down and get it fully.

and on the notes, I sincerely hope we are past the "homework check"ing days of our education, and really are going to be more focused on actual learning, so I'm going to try to understand it first. but i'm an idealist about such things....

with all that said, breaking page 10 right now - best of luck all and don't let the early start get in the way of your last real summer of crazy irresponsible fun

Guest clinicalchief

No worries there, I don't see that ending anytime in the near future (especially throughout o-week!)

Either way, a bit of reading might restart my brain as I haven't done anything that requires actual thought since my last exam.

Booyah

cc

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Douje Dog

I find it hard to believe they have you reading a book before you even start! Wow. Either way, what i've told a couple of people I know who are starting next week as well is to not worry about that book at all. Ethics is by far the least of you worries; a few of us haven't been to an ethics class since before Christmas, so this assignment is probably a way to make sure you at least get a little bit out of the course when you're still all keeners. Bottom line - don't stress it at all, and get ready for a savage week starting next Monday! I'm Doug and I'm on the orientation committee. It's gonna be a blast! Enjoy your last few days off.

Archived