Premed 101 Forums

York U or Ryerson?

well i think the york campus is much better than ryerson, and as far as prestige goes york would be higher up. how close are you to each of them?

Hi Ryan,

I'm not close to neither one, York might be a little closer.

If you don't mind me asking, do you go to York? How is their math program?

Why math?

10char

Hi Aaron,

The reason that I choose Math is because it's objective, and there's nothing else I'm really good at. Or I might choose Stats,but I'll avoid taking courses which involve a lot of writing because I can hardly get high marks in writing.

BTW, what does 10char mean?

Hi Aaron,

The reason that I choose Math is because it's objective, and there's nothing else I'm really good at. Or I might choose Stats,but I'll avoid taking courses which involve a lot of writing because I can hardly get high marks in writing.

BTW, what does 10char mean?

lol you won't have a problem finding references... I doubt theres many students in the math program... I've actually looked into the upper year math classes cuz I've always wondered who took those classes and I was right, not many people (some of them might be physics majors tho) :P

lol you won't have a problem finding references... I doubt theres many students in the math program... I've actually looked into the upper year math classes cuz I've always wondered who took those classes and I was right, not many people (some of them might be physics majors tho) :P

Math is awesome!! Haha got my UG in computer science so that means I took a pretty even mix of math and comp :D But very few people go that way to get into med later on, I wasn't planning at least.

How come not many students take the upper classes?

Math is awesome!! Haha got my UG in computer science so that means I took a pretty even mix of math and comp :D But very few people go that way to get into med later on, I wasn't planning at least.

Hi Michelle,

How do u like the upper year math classes? If u don't mind me asking, what's your GPA for your upper years of your undergrad?

Why there are very few people taking this route?

Hi Michelle,

How do u like the upper year math classes? If u don't mind me asking, what's your GPA for your upper years of your undergrad?

Why there are very few people taking this route?

Hey,

I finished my UG in 2005, but I really enjoyed all my classes. I switched programs after my 1st year, but I got all As in my last 3 years except maybe 2 classes I think (no A+ at McGill) so my GPA was just a hair below 4.0.

As for why not many people take that route.. I'm not sure. It's obviously different in QC since we don't need a UG to get in med, but I haven't met many people in my class that really love math. If you like math, then there's no reason why not to do that :)

uhmmm cuz theres not much you can do with a BSc. in math maybe?

on the plus side, math courses at york are never full! so atleast you don't have to worry about enrolling into courses you want like in bio, kine and psyc.

Hey,

I finished my UG in 2005, but I really enjoyed all my classes. I switched programs after my 1st year, but I got all As in my last 3 years except maybe 2 classes I think (no A+ at McGill) so my GPA was just a hair below 4.0.

As for why not many people take that route.. I'm not sure. It's obviously different in QC since we don't need a UG to get in med, but I haven't met many people in my class that really love math. If you like math, then there's no reason why not to do that :)

Thanks for the reply, Michelle.

I love math, although I'm not sure if I will do as well as u did, but I will try my best:)

uhmmm cuz theres not much you can do with a BSc. in math maybe?

on the plus side, math courses at york are never full! so atleast you don't have to worry about enrolling into courses you want like in bio, kine and psyc.

That's good news:)

Archived