Premed 101 Forums

Manitoba Residency IV

Man_2ba

Hello All, just had a question, since the office is closed here and I was hoping some one could answer it.

In Manitoba, I have applied to all the streams of Family Medicine and they give me one IV. How does this work. Do I only rank Manitoba 1st than other places. I ask this because in other places they have given me more than 1 interview in one city for FM.

Any help would be great

IV=interview?

Yes, sorry.

So lets say I applied to all 7 programs and got the IV, and I have IV from other places, does this mean my rank order list is bigger than 12. or just 1 + 5 for other places I got IV for. I really want Manitoba, can you please help me.

WOOOW

Just talked to Dr.B , she told me not to worry, since my application has been approved for Interview is just interview they are looking for for ranking. What a chance that I caught her in the hallways. I am so HAPPY. THANK YOU GOD< THANK YOU EVERYONE< THANK YOUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WOOOW

Just talked to Dr.B , she told me not to worry, since my application has been approved for Interview is just interview they are looking for for ranking. What a chance that I caught her in the hallways. I am so HAPPY. THANK YOU GOD< THANK YOU EVERYONE< THANK YOUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You sound like such a child. Grow up.

Indeed. That kind of immature servile elation doesn't fly.

But then again, if I were an IMG I'd be pretty happy about going to Manitoba because that is the only province that doesn't snare its IMGs into return of slavery agreements.

That, in my opinion, is the only reason why any residency applicant would be happy about going to the brutally cold crime-ridden cesspool that is Winnipeg.

I am not an IMG, I am CMG , My wife is doing 5 year residency there, she will be finished in 2 years. Thats why I am happy. I will be with my wife. Some people love the cold, I can tell you almost 36 people from my class have gotten Interviews in FM-Manitoba and they all taking the position. Ranking it high. Plus those IMG you speak of, get it bad, they do ROS in remote areas. Believe me I rather do 5 years in Smith Falls Ontario or Oshawa than Remote Manitoba.

Hello, does anybody know how many people are getting interviewed for the medical genetics residency position in MB? :o

I checked about this, since one of my very close friends is getting in this program, she's all up about Medical Genetics. As she is rotating now, She said they have invited about 10 people. 6 CMG and 4 IMG.

are you interviewing here. I must say, I wish you luck, but if you have an interview at IMG allocated positions like Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal rank them first, and go there. I think the girl from my class will get matched here, she has done over 16 weeks of elective here, has a PhD before entering medical school and she is married to a 2nd year resident so for sure she will get matched here.

But you never know is the match.

again are you interviewing here only. or do you have other places as well to interview for this field.

I wish you luck, but if you have an interview at IMG allocated positions like Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal rank them first, and go there. I think the girl from my class will get matched here, she has done over 16 weeks of elective here, has a PhD before entering medical school and she is married to a 2nd year resident so for sure she will get matched here.

Again, do not rank a program because you think the program will rank you high, rank the program because you want to go there. If you have a 0.1 chance of getting into program A (but you really want A) and a 90% chance of getting into program B, you lose NOTHING at ranking program A first.

Again, do not rank a program because you think the program will rank you high, rank the program because you want to go there. If you have a 0.1 chance of getting into program A (but you really want A) and a 90% chance of getting into program B, you lose NOTHING at ranking program A first.

I'm am gonna repeat this for emphasis:

RANK PROGRAMS IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE

There is no advantage to ranking programs that you think will be easier to get into higher. This is all detailed out on the CaRMS website. Ranking in order of preference gives you the best chance of matching to your most desired program.

Again:

RANK PROGRAMS IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE

Archived