Premed 101 Forums

Is it still possible?

ILoveHabs

Hi!

I am in CEGEP right now...I just finished my 1st session and I'm starting the winter session soon. I got a 28 cote R! I didn't put ANY effort, and I know that was stupid of me, but I am going to do whatever I can to go into medicine. I only need to know if I still have a chance to be accepted directly from CEGEP!? This means, is it possible to get a 37 in my winter AND in my autumn 2012 session.

Well, if my math is correct with 35 r score in the next 2 terms you will get an average of 32,67 , which is acceptable for McGill (McGill doesn't really consider your score, though it is one of the best medical school ever!)

So if you have great ECs and a well-rounded personality, you could definitely have a shot at McGill.

Good luck, work hard. Win or lose, it does mattter.

Well, if my math is correct with 35 r score in the next 2 terms you will get an average of 32,67 , which is acceptable for McGill (McGill doesn't really consider your score, though it is one of the best medical school ever!)

So if you have great ECs and a well-rounded personality, you could definitely have a shot at McGill.

Good luck, work hard. Win or lose, it does mattter.

While 32.67 is acceptable for McGill, it does not represent more than 1-2% of the people interviewed there.

Won't happen. 37 R-Score requires really good grades. If you did not put any efforts in your easiest semester, and merely got average grades, you will not get 99% in the hardest courses, which are the ones coming up this semester. You may get 34-35, but not more. But still, work hard, and you'd get a shot at it at university.

Archived