Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

Haha I didn't mean you! I was talking about right wingers that are okay with gays and immigrants

Did you see the comments by Dr Ben Carson earlier this week about homosexuality? Disgusting. I can't imagine how such an esteemed neurosurgeon could be so damn stupid.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the comments by Dr Ben Carson earlier this week about homosexuality? Disgusting. I can't imagine how such an esteemed neurosurgeon could be so damn stupid.

His first book (healing hands is good, despite the religious undertones) and had some hope for him when he started making political waves about 5 years ago but he's gone completely off the rails. Can't believe the garbage he spews these days.

Of course, I think I have the answer. Bennyboy went into neurosurgery looking for a brain! 

He's basically the scarecrow from wizard of oz :'))

Also I don't believe that someone can be THAT stupid, he needs to appeal to his cheese block munching voter base! You'll probably find similar things said depending on which fox news host wordsmith you listen to

But he apologized...

I honestly think it's a breath of fresh air to hear the hatred republicans constantly spew being said without the veil. There's something so innocent about it really, when truly terrible people with no concept of human rights or dignity don't know how to censor themselves. 

I honestly think it's a breath of fresh air to hear the hatred republicans constantly spew being said without the veil. There's something so innocent about it really, when truly terrible people with no concept of human rights or dignity don't know how to censor themselves. 

I wish we weren't so PC these days as it makes it hard to tell who is or isn't a racist, homophobe, anti-human rights, etc.

I wish we weren't so PC these days as it makes it hard to tell who is or isn't a racist, homophobe, anti-human rights, etc.

At the same time, not being PC makes it so much harder to pounce on those that slip up. Also I'm sure gays would prefer just not hearing what stupid people have to say about their existence. 

btw, has anyone taken parasitology? It sounds super cool, but I can see it being super boring as well

I haven't taken it but people say it's not what it sounds like, you memorize parasite anatomy and life cycles + phylogeny. It's barely relevant to medicine/humans. 

I haven't taken it but people say it's not what it sounds like, you memorize parasite anatomy and life cycles + phylogeny. It's barely relevant to medicine/humans. 

Lame. I remember you saying Virology was tough. None of the third year courses seem interesting other than Virology and Immunology. I'll probably stick to the courses cross listed in chemistry

Archived