Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm making a new twitter account to antagonize the situation This is absurd! Have some balls and stand your ground!

Make sure to include a goofy bio description for the full effect.

aka PhD candidate in [insert useless discipline here]

We could be back to class in Tuesday! Nooo

No the earliest is wednesday. Anyways, the union won't accept. The employer is trying to split the union by offering unit 2 an amazing deal and giving the other groups nothing at all.

Tuition indexation was a red line (no

Obama). They will not budge, and now the employer has shown their hand.

Find it real hard to believe that the union/members will vote yes to giving up indexation for a simple "3 year tuition freeze". If they do, it's never coming back and knowing what I know about corporate greed (Universities included these days) they will use it to effectively drive down that stipend. TA'S will further below the poverty line then.

Find it real hard to believe that the union/members will vote yes to giving up indexation for a simple "3 year tuition freeze". If they do, it's never coming back and knowing what I know about corporate greed (Universities included these days) they will use it to effectively drive down that stipend. TA'S will further below the poverty line then.

I think the TAs will be outnumbered. It was already like 65-35 last time, and the Unit 2s will drive it towards an acceptance.

Outside of my support of contract professors there were not many issues for TA's I was in support of except for tuition indexing. Putting aside my personal aspiration for 1 more week off (lol) I sure hope they all band together and vote this down. If they don't, grad students are going to be hooped for years to come AND this WILL become a major issue of the next negotiations so may as well live through the pain now.

Archived