Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

I guess I just don't understand how it matters. Unless they are specifically shouting from the sky they are LGBTQ then isn't is already an equal playing field where the best person gets the job? In order to provide hiring equality you would have to ask people their sexual orientation. Pretty sure that's discriminatory.

Unless it is mentioned in their personal statement. I'm not sure if a STEM grad would mention it, but I can see sexual orientation (or gender identification) playing a strong motivating role in why someone would want to do research in areas of social science/humanities.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw, does the Q in LGBTQ refer to being Queer? If so, isn't that already covered the G (Gay)? What  is the difference between being Queer and Gay?

It does refer to Queer. Apparently there are a few other groups that I missed like Asexual. I'm not sure what the distinction is between Queer and Gay.

I almost want it to pass. I think if it fails to pass we will have a big 3 month strike. I'd rather get back to school than have to deal with that.

I really don't see that happening. Not with the pan scam games coming and $$$ from summer courses. York stands to be an eye sore and lose out on substantial cash from summer courses. I could be wrong but I just don't see it this time around.

Last time was different as it started in November and they were ordered back to work end of Jan.

I really don't see that happening. Not with the pan scam games coming and $$$ from summer courses. York stands to be an eye sore and lose out on substantial cash from summer courses. I could be wrong but I just don't see it this time around.

Last time was different as it started in November and they were ordered back to work end of Jan.

I hope you're right. It is still hard to get a read on which way this is leaning. Only a few people are posting on social media right now.

edit: they may have to cancel their open house for new students as well.

Now speaking of red-line issues, what is this LGBT equality crap? Is there language in any documentation that specifically excludes someone who is LGBT? Is there language that only applies to heterosexuals? 

I can't tell if you're kidding, do you realize how ape **** people go over LGBT people? The bartender at the place I was yesterday was trans ( I think) and you shoulda seen what people were saying about her.. like a monkey at the zoo sigh

Here's a better question, if it's so arbitrary why doesn't york just add LGBT to their equity policy? 

Archived