Premed 101 Forums

rejects..what u doing now?

Guest cp00739

Guest cp00739

hopefully that didnt sound harsh...but just wondering what some of the med hopefulls that didnt get in this year are planning on doing next year????? especially for those who have graduated already???

thanks all!!

Guest ItsmeMelissa

I am trying to go back to university to get science prerequisits which will allow me to apply to other schools besides Mac. I am also trying to find a job and some volunteer work.

Really though I am trying to be as immobile as possible considering that my apt temp topped 90 degrees last night... I'M MEEEELLLLTTTTIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are you and what are you doing if you are a reject?

Melissa

Guest have fun

i applied and was ultimately rejected last year. i had just graduated (finished 4 years), and desperately wanted to travel. i would recommend it for anyone! though i was fortunate enough to have not accumulated any debt through my undergrad education...and i have relatives in malaysia that i could stay with, thus reducing costs. i left in october, travelled through china for a month, went to malaysia, and stayed there for 4 more months. i also took the opportunity to get involved while in malaysia, and volunteered at a local school for children with special needs. saw parts of thailand, and singapore while i was there too. looking back on it now, it was the best thing that could have happened to me, and i'm almost glad that i didn't get into school last year (but i got in this year!). so my best advice would be to do something that you're going to enjoy, and maybe learn a bit more about the world and yourself at the same time! if you do get in to school the following year, you won't be able to take 5-6 months off to travel for a while.

if you're interested in doing volunteer work overseas, there are tons of organizations that are looking for a pair of extra hands...but most of them require that you pay for your airfare, and they have a fee (that's really more like a donation). check out volunteers for peace, cross cultural solutions, or habitat for humanity.

Guest PeterHill0501

Hello...

I was "bad waitlisted" by U of O...I'm continuing on with my current career at Statistics Canada and I'm also helping my wife open her new family practice. I'm taking care of telecommunications, IT, forms design, and a bunch of other business stuff for the clinic.

Peter

Guest chia

Rejected after the first time applying, the best thing to do, in my opinion, is live in a new city. I moved to Toronto from BC and just took classes at UT and volunteered around town. I didnt take science classes but I took all the classes I wish I had taken... had a blast and felt like a real torontonian...

chia

Archived