Premed 101 Forums

Support group to motivate each other to study

thehockeykid

yes for sure, I have friends who are very hard working and get 3.96+ (can't count myself among their type :D).I definetely agree with the idea that hard work can get you to great places, including academically.

but even they aren't even CLOSE to a 95% average. a 3.98 can result from 89, 90, 90, 91, 93 ... which is not even near a 95. i was always under the impression that 95% average is very very difficult to get / super-human etc etc... as I said, perhaps I'm taking this 95% number too literally. and to other med hopefuls reading threads like this, this could be quite discouraging.. I was given a similar mindset about applying in 3rd year- a lot of posters suggested you'd have to be a super-star, 3.99+, pubs, blablabla.. when that simply isn't true. i really don't know where I'm going with this.. but just a thought.

hard work will get you in to med school.. that's whats should be understood from all these convos :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

If you apply to OMSAS from MUN it is a 94+ for a 4.0

I did manage this is one semester:

I had:

Inorganic chem: 96

French: 96

Geometry: 97

Vertebrates: 96

Statistics: 100

Best semester of my undergrad. I have yet to get an overall of 97 again, two semesters at 96 I believe, but the allusive 97.

Never know, I am in my last semester know and am in shape for a repeat.

Archived