Premed 101 Forums

Prep Stalling

hey Everyone,

Anyone get tired/frustrated with prepping? I feel like I'm not getting much better even though I'm practising. Maybe I need more time/patience... And I also get nervous at times. I'm getting people who don't know me to evaluate me and I haven't gotten too many 'above average' impressions. I feel like I'm stalling!

My structure, pace, and arguments have all vastly improved. I feel like I'm moving such a huge mountain even though I didn't think I was THAT bad at speaking in the first place. I'm also a very logical thinker and a good public speaker (I've won lots of awards). So... this is frustrating.

Any suggestions?

I kind of know what you mean. Maybe you should take a day or two to just relax and then start with a new strategy. If you were practising on Skype try to practice with family or friends. Better yet, try to respond to scenarios in an interview environment (i.e. practice with someone you have never met before, in an effort to reproduce the anxiety level you will have during the real thing).

I kind of know what you mean. Maybe you should take a day or two to just relax and then start with a new strategy. If you were practising on Skype try to practice with family or friends. Better yet, try to respond to scenarios in an interview environment (i.e. practice with someone you have never met before, in an effort to reproduce the anxiety level you will have during the real thing).

That is important - breaks are the last thing I consider taking but they are just as important as practice. Practising in front of people I dont know is exactly what gets me a little nervous and then my performance goes down. Guess I will have to plunge in and do just that til the nervousness goes away. Thanks for the advice!

Archived