Premed 101 Forums

I was just wondering if there are any other potential station types that you might come across at UBCs MMI besides ethical questions, standard interview questions, acting stations and interaction/teamwork with other interviewers.

Can anyone offer an approximate breakdown by type and number?

Thanks

Anything is possible my friend. Last year they pulled the Lego stations on us. They just announced during our interview orientation, literally 10 minutes before the interviews started :). This might not sound helpful, but trust me. The only way to succeed is to practice so much that you feel invincible (i.e. you are confident that whatever they throw at you would be a walk in the park).

Anything is possible my friend. Last year they pulled the Lego stations on us. They just announced during our interview orientation, literally 10 minutes before the interviews started :). This might not sound helpful, but trust me. The only way to succeed is to practice so much that you feel invincible (i.e. you are confident that whatever they throw at you would be a walk in the park).

I'd have to disagree that you have to practice to succeed. I read a bit about the interview, touched up on my ethical reasoning and didn't do a single practice scenario beyond the email practice questions, which I'd argue did little to improve my chances.

It's a pretty individual thing... If you're scared of the MMI, you should practice. If you have any experience interviewing, talking with people or working in a position that deals with people you should be ok. Feeling "invincible" could also come across as pretentious if you're not careful...

I'd also like to say that the MMI is fun... Don't worry do much about it or what others are doing to prepare and remember to smile.

Archived