Premed 101 Forums

Autiobio Sketch Items

justifyd

Should I be concerned about not being able to fill out all 49 on slots on the autobio sketch?? I think ive got around 40 things now, but of what I have I have some things that I've been involved with for 2-3 years now. Should I become one of those people and just hop on events briefly just to boost my cv up??

Should I be concerned about not being able to fill out all 49 on slots on the autobio sketch?? I think ive got around 40 things now, but of what I have I have some things that I've been involved with for 2-3 years now. Should I become one of those people and just hop on events briefly just to boost my cv up??

more than enough and pretty good for 2-3 years

Oh wow, I think I severely underestimated the amount of ECs I had to be doing. Is it possible to get interviews with 10 short term (i.e. research for one summer, volunteering for two semesters) stuff, though high gpa/mcat (3.88/39S)?

Yes, you would get an interview @ Western (if you meet their VR cutoff) automatically if you meet their MCAT and GPA cutoff. Mac only uses CASPer, GPA and VR, so they won't really care how many you've done.

Nowadays many schools do factor in ECs or other accomplishments. This does include:

1) U of T

2) Ottawa

3) NOSM

4) Queens

5) Calgary

6) Dalhousie

Yes, you would get an interview @ Western (if you meet their VR cutoff) automatically if you meet their MCAT and GPA cutoff. Mac only uses CASPer, GPA and VR, so they won't really care how many you've done.

Nowadays many schools do factor in ECs or other accomplishments. This does include:

1) U of T

2) Ottawa

3) NOSM

4) Queens

5) Calgary

6) Dalhousie

Ok thanks!

1) U of T

2) Ottawa

3) NOSM

4) Queens

5) Calgary

6) Dalhousie

Thanks alot macbook! Is this list in any order?

I would think ideally you want both long term and short term ECs in all the different areas of extracurriculars (or most I should say). If you're just putting in a ton of small things just to fill it up, adcoms will see that easily. But if you have a good share of long term ECs, and "medium" length ECs (ex. 2 months), then adding in things you put in a tiny bit of time into would make sense of course.

1) U of T

2) Ottawa

3) NOSM

4) Queens

5) Calgary

6) Dalhousie

UofT doesn't look at the 48 items list... they only look at the personal sketch which would be of poor quality if you're actually listing 48 activities in it

Archived