Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie PT and OT

Thanks, Smorgasbord, and I hope you're right!

As for Atlantic cut-offs, I don't know about NS, but I know of someone who was accepted with a 3.6-something from NL two years ago, and one with a 3.7-something from NB last year, both from MUN's BKin program.

Any idea what the interview will be like? (I've sent messages to these two but haven't heard anything back yet).

I got an interview in NB and was wondering how it'll all work out. they said the interview would only last 20-30 minutes and to me, that seems awfully short. Does anyone know how/what the scenarios are like, do they pertain to PT or are they just every day, run of the mill type problems that we'll have to work through. I also have an interview at UofT but am hoping to stay in the Maritimes!

• 2 weeks later...

So I heard back from someone regarding Dal PT interviews, but they only gave me one example. They said the questions are "would you do" type scenarios. The example was that "you're assessing someone whose family member is a doctor and they contradict everything you say (or something like that). what would you do/say to them?"

Basically from what I can gather they are literally 'gauge your personality' questions... can't really prep for them. Has anyone else heard anything?

Hope everyone's interviews went well this week!

Does anyone know whether DAL determines GPA after the interview by looking at the last 60ch or if they look at your overall GPA. Their website says:

"In principle, all applicants from the Atlantic Provinces whose applications are complete will be offered an interview. In the event that this is not administratively possible, the Admissions Committee will rank applicants by GPA based on the most recent 60 credit hours to make the interview offers. At a minimum, 112 interviews will be offered."

and then it goes onto say:

"Offers are based on the combined score of 25% interview and 75% GPA."

Am I wrong to assume that it is still the sub-gpa they would be looking at?

I also received an acceptance for OT today :) Congrats to everyone else as well!

I'd also like to wait to hear about physiotherapy before making any final decisions... I wonder is there a date we must confirm by? One wasn't mentioned in the letter.

I read on their website somewhere that we had three weeks. I think that's after we get the official approval letter from the graduate studies faculty though. I know that last year the PT students herd on the 16th!

I got an acceptance letter for OT as well. I'm a bit confused by the e-mail though, does this mean we're accepted or is there still a chance they'll boot us out since it's only a "recommendation" for acceptance?? I'm an out of province applicant so I'm always wary about my chances being lower than in-province applicants.

I got an acceptance letter for OT as well. I'm a bit confused by the e-mail though, does this mean we're accepted or is there still a chance they'll boot us out since it's only a "recommendation" for acceptance?? I'm an out of province applicant so I'm always wary about my chances being lower than in-province applicants.

I suppose there's a 'chance', but the approval by the Faculty of Graduate Studies is usually just a formality. Unless the OT admissions overlooked something, the recommendations go through. I'm considering it an acceptance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to Dal for OT looking for a room mate? I'll be starting the program this fall and will be moving to Halifax from Calgary so I was hoping to cut down on my expenses by trying to find a room mate. If anyone is interested please let me know! :)

Archived