Premed 101 Forums

Good or Bad Waitlisted

Guest kylerh

Are we talking about admissions or Santa Claus?

All waitlists are the same, unless they're for different demographics, like OOP or IP. Applicants are never (AFAIK) told their position on a waitlist...I'm sure you can think of a few reasons why! :rollin

Guest kylerh

Ok... Well then why under where the people post their stats and where they got accepted, rejected, waitlisted does it say this??

kylerh

Guest jgray2

kylerh,

some schools do indeed give you your # on the waitlist (eg. dalhousie). if they knew that on average, the last 5 years admitted 20 waitlist positions, and you were #2, then you'd consider yourself to be "good waitlisted". if you were #207, then you would consider yourself to be "bad waitlisted".

other schools toronto include a special line telling you that while you were waitlisted, it might be a good idea to solidify your other plans. this is a "bad waitlist", for obvious reasons.

and of course, as HP said, some schools just refuse to give any hint as to where on that waitlist you sit.

i hope that helps!

Didn't think of any US schools because it's a Canadian forum. I had no idea any schools would tell/hint at your position, so it's a good thing other people posted! Sorry for the misinformation. What I DO know is UofC and UofA won't tell you. Sorry again!

Guest satsumargirl

Hi Kylerh,

Don`t know what schools you are waiting to hear from.

Ottawa has a little blurb at the bottom that says something like "due to you position on the list it is unlikely you will receive an offer based on past years" or something like that.

Sats

Guest Anna

Hi Kylerh,

Yeah, I applied to Ottawa this year and received a waitlist notification that had the line satsuma indicated. So, when I posted on the Ottawa forum I posted that I was bad waitlisted. In other words, I pretty much gave up on Ottawa.

That is what the whole bad waitlisted thing is about in Ottawa's case.

Also, just for people's interest, NOSM gives out one's specific spot on the waitlist.

Anna :)

Archived