Premed 101 Forums

Silly question about autobio sketch

Guest Tal

This my sound a little silly, but I just went on the OMSAS website to look at the application just made available in July. When I went to fill in the autobiographical sketch portion I found out that there is a huge limit to the space they give for the description and location of each activity. I'm having a lot of trouble fitting in the important info about each of my activities. I was wondering how previous applicants and fellow applicants are getting around this trouble?

With formal education in particular, do you think they frown upon putting in short names like U of Guelph or U of G instead of University of Guelph? And do I put my university in the Location area, or in the Description area, and save the location for "Guelph, Ont"?

(I told you it was silly questions :) but I don't want to do anything wrong, so..)

Thanks everyone!

• 2 years later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118447700</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>Silly question about autobio sketch</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>Silly question about autobio sketch</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

• 1 year later...

[quote name=

Tal

]This my sound a little silly, but I just went on the OMSAS website to look at the application just made available in July. When I went to fill in the autobiographical sketch portion I found out that there is a huge limit to the space they give for the description and location of each activity. I'm having a lot of trouble fitting in the important info about each of my activities. I was wondering how previous applicants and fellow applicants are getting around this trouble?

With formal education in particular, do you think they frown upon putting in short names like U of Guelph or U of G instead of University of Guelph? And do I put my university in the Location area, or in the Description area, and save the location for "Guelph, Ont"?

(I told you it was silly questions :) but I don't want to do anything wrong, so..)

Thanks everyone!

I know I'm bumping quite an old thread, but I am running into the same problem with the OMSAS Autobio Sketch and the lack of space in the "Description" section.

I also am not sure about where to put the name of the place where I worked/volunteered - in the Description or Location box? For instance, I volunteered at a hospital as an Administrative Assitant. Do I put down the name of the hospital in the "Description" (which would mean very little space to say anything about what I did), or should I put the name of the hospital at the "Location" area? However, if I put the name of the hospital in the "Location" area, where would I put the city of the hospital?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I know I'm bumping quite an old thread, but I am running into the same problem with the OMSAS Autobio Sketch and the lack of space in the "Description" section.

I also am not sure about where to put the name of the place where I worked/volunteered - in the Description or Location box? For instance, I volunteered at a hospital as an Administrative Assitant. Do I put down the name of the hospital in the "Description" (which would mean very little space to say anything about what I did), or should I put the name of the hospital at the "Location" area? However, if I put the name of the hospital in the "Location" area, where would I put the city of the hospital?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I put my position and the name of the organization for Description, and the name of the city and province (abbreviation) for Location.

For example,

Description: Administrative Assistant, X Hospital

And yeah, it sucks that they provide very little space...but I guess that's why it's called a "sketch" :rolleyes:

My advice is to do what works best for you and just try to be as consistent as possible. If you refer to it as UofGuelph in one section, try to do that throughout. Otherwise, just make sure it's understandable. (which is what having another non-premed person look it over helps with!)

Archived