Premed 101 Forums

First week of Interviews, how d'ya think it went?

Excited to meet everyone!

Where is the best place to park on campus which is closest to the Health Sciences Centre?

Thanks! :)

Careful, the main U of C campus is actually about a 25 minute walk from HSC and a rather confusing one. It's Foothills Medical Center you're looking for. Parking at FMC is pretty interesting, but almost all the parking lots on the north side (near the trans canada hwy) are close to HSC. Or you can park at the mall across the highway, Stadium Shopping Center; it's cheaper and only a few minutes' more walk.

Careful, the main U of C campus is actually about a 25 minute walk from HSC and a rather confusing one. It's Foothills Medical Center you're looking for. Parking at FMC is pretty interesting, but almost all the parking lots on the north side (near the trans canada hwy) are close to HSC. Or you can park at the mall across the highway, Stadium Shopping Center; it's cheaper and only a few minutes' more walk.

What Erk said. It's about $13/day to park at the public Foothills parkade, and once you need to be there more frequently (such as if you get in and choose to go to the U of C) a monthly pass for one of the lots runs $110/month I think.

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow an I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Kick ass this weekend, guys! Look forward to meeting some of you in July! :D

Can you help me with something too? How picky is Calgary about the CPR requirement? I know they say something like "recognized Basic Cardiac Life Support"... but what does that mean? Level C CPR? Level A? Adult/child? etc.?

They weren't picky at all about it last year, but you should probably email them and ask just to make sure in case they decide to start requiring a specific one. I did the healthcare provider one, but that was just because I was doing it in Medicine Hat and that was the only one that was on a day that worked for me.

Today was funnnnn!! Everyone was so sweet and nice and friendly! I'm not sure how they're going to choose... :) Nice video btw. The music video was pretty funny. Our tour guides took us on a behind the scenes "this is where this scene was shot!" haha. Thanks. Just what we wanted to see from the school. :P

Thanks a lot! :)

Had a great time at U of C today as well, thank you to all the Hellbenders and UME people who took time from their Saturday to come out.

In case you guys want to watch the video again, it is now up on YouTube.

Here is the link to the video and music video (with out-takes not shown at interviews):

Here is the link to the music video alone:

I am glad to hear that people enjoyed your interviews and look forward to seeing some of you in July!

that was fun! although i dont see how ppl could have really screwed up the mmi/not answer it correctly since none of the questions were that hard..wonder how they will decide who to accept :s

who were the interviewers? some were like super young...and super hot :P lol

thanks hellbenders you guys seem like an awesome bunch and seems like you guys are having a blast

that was fun! although i dont see how ppl could have really screwed up the mmi/not answer it correctly since none of the questions were that hard..wonder how they will decide who to accept :s

who were the interviewers? some were like super young...and super hot :P lol

thanks hellbenders you guys seem like an awesome bunch and seems like you guys are having a blast

Well, the goal isn't to answer correctly, it's to answer honestly... the "easiness" of the question is somewhat irrelevant. That said, it's a darned hard job to distinguish between most applicants; I think most people who make it to interviews would be great doctors :) I know I was wishing we could welcome my whole MMI group as Animals next year.

That's what I'm here for! :) I hope I helped!!

I am so grateful you were so honest to our group about what you went through. It was probably the thing that impressed me most about the whole weekend.

It took a week but I stopped freaking out - I'm sure no one did 'perfectly' and so I can't beat myself up that I didn't either; what will be will be :) this yr, next yr, the yr after etc.

I was not there this weekend but was there for sessions on both days last weekend.

Astrogirl was definitely there on Sunday, but perhaps at a different time than you were.

Hope you had a good experience nonetheless, mcgangbang, plus or minus the opportunity to meet some PM101ers ;)

LL

Archived