Premed 101 Forums

My AUA in-service exam percentile rank is 100.

I'm a pre-Urology resident doing Gen Surg, and I just learned that I scored the 100th percentile among my peers in the AUA in-service exam..... What does that mean? I've only heard of a 99th percentile. What does 100 mean? Is this the highest AUA in-service exam score by a pre-Urology resident across the US or just in my program? I'm asking because the only other pre-Urology resident in my program was in the 50th percentile.

Thanks!

Sounds like it was the highest in your program at your level.

If it was across the US you would think that it would be a huge fluke if this guy ended up in the 50th on the dot.

Then again, I don't know the AUA exam scoring system, I'm just logically thinking through the math.

Sounds like it was the highest in your program at your level.

If it was across the US you would think that it would be a huge fluke if this guy ended up in the 50th on the dot.

Then again, I don't know the AUA exam scoring system, I'm just logically thinking through the math.

Thing is, if this were true, there would be a 100 percentile score in every year in my program, correct? I'm the only 100 percentile in my program...

Thing is, if this were true, there would be a 100 percentile score in every year in my program, correct? I'm the only 100 percentile in my program...

No idea, but I asked some urology residents I know who said they hadn't done uro yet at the time of the exam and more than one got a higher score than you so it's not a 100th percentile for the country.

No idea, but I asked some urology residents I know who said they hadn't done uro yet at the time of the exam and more than one got a higher score than you so it's not a 100th percentile for the country.

Hmm.. I hadn't done Uro yet as well -I'm a pre-Uro resident. Are these residents who scored higher also pre-Urology?

Hmm.. I hadn't done Uro yet as well -I'm a pre-Uro resident. Are these residents who scored higher also pre-Urology?

Yes they are.

Did you ask your PD? Maybe they have a written explanation of the results hat was sent with the actual scores.

Yes they are.

Did you ask your PD? Maybe they have a written explanation of the results hat was sent with the actual scores.

I took my exam in November 2011. My PD said my percentile took all examinees into consideration (US, Canada, International).

The only explanation of my score was in the report itself which said:

"NOTE - Your Percentile Rank is 100 (this indicates the percentage of participants in your peer group who received the same or lower score on the Total Examination)

I've contact the AUA education desk who haven't replied yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived