Premed 101 Forums

Anyone decline their UBC offer?

Yes, there are a number of people who do give up the deposit and usually it is because the top choice accepts them later, ie. April/May/June. It's definitely a chunk of money to give up, but given the lower tuition fees at other schools, you might actually still save money by giving up the deposit and choosing another school.

On an interesting note, I always find it fascinating that there are students out there who would try to get their NON-REFUNDABLE deposit back.

I know that UBC's 10.7k deposit was due just today...just wondering if anyone actually declined their offer?

I'm planning to apply next year and its just out of curiosity if anyone actually drops out after paying this ridiculous fee...

some people might ... and they have their own reasons..

but UBC doesnt have a waitlist.. if people drop out, UBC will call someone who got a rejection, throughout the summer.. so if you get rejected you never know ur rank and also you would never know if you may get that phone call or not..

i doubt they're trying to make money out of it, if that were the case, they would've increased the class size, or number of waitlist

yeah I agree. I think their expensive deposit is so that people don't change their mind easily.. If someone rejects their acceptance right before sept, it is a potential loss for the school too.

Archived