Premed 101 Forums

Final year Grad. Applicants to UWO

I was just wondering if there are any final year graduate applicants to UWO this year in this forum? While I understand that the due date for completing graduate requirements is June 20th, it appears we only receive bonus points for having a graduate degree if we finish prior to April 20th! Does anyone know if we receive any kind of credit for being in a graduate program despite the fact that we won't have finished our degree requirements (defense/corrections etc.) by April 20th?

I was just wondering if there are any final year graduate applicants to UWO this year in this forum? While I understand that the due date for completing graduate requirements is June 20th, it appears we only receive bonus points for having a graduate degree if we finish prior to April 20th! Does anyone know if we receive any kind of credit for being in a graduate program despite the fact that we won't have finished our degree requirements (defense/corrections etc.) by April 20th?

I e-mailed trish and asked. I told her my defense was scheduled for may..but i think if you tell your grad coordinator you need it signed in the interim by april 20th they should still be able to sign the form? because on the form it says "this is just for the office but we need final transcripts"... which im also confused about because i miss the june convocation deadline so my grad degree won't be on my transcript til november...i'm curious to see what trish says. who knows about the bonus points haha i just hope i still qualify!!

I had e-mailed her about this issue. Unfortunately it seems that you can only submit that form once your degree requirements have been fulfilled. I.e. if you're not done when the committee meets in late April you won't get the bonus points. However, in the event that you are waitlisted the bonus points will be applied to your file when you do finish and potentially help you gain entrance to the program.

It's a little frustrating because that's fairly early to be done a graduate program and I was hoping to get bonus points SOMEWHERE since my undergrad GPA seems to be on the low end of people invited for interviews :P .

I had e-mailed her about this issue. Unfortunately it seems that you can only submit that form once your degree requirements have been fulfilled. I.e. if you're not done when the committee meets in late April you won't get the bonus points. However, in the event that you are waitlisted the bonus points will be applied to your file when you do finish and potentially help you gain entrance to the program.

It's a little frustrating because that's fairly early to be done a graduate program and I was hoping to get bonus points SOMEWHERE since my undergrad GPA seems to be on the low end of people invited for interviews :P .

Ditto...oh well. I got the same information. Anyway..back to writing my thesis so that maybe one day i will get bonus points lol. Good luck finishing up too.

Archived