Premed 101 Forums

Did they say May 13 is THE DAY last year?

From the latest UBC Med Blog:

Offers will, as we say on the 2011-12 timeline, be made beginning May 15th, no earlier – sorry, know the wait is agonizing.

This year, UBC said the results will be out on May 15 and not any day sooner. I looked at last year's post. Mithril's was the first one to report receiving an acceptance letter by mail and it was dated May 12. Obviously, the letter was sent earlier. Did UBC Adcom say the same thing last year and ended up sending notices earlier?

From the latest UBC Med Blog:

Offers will, as we say on the 2011-12 timeline, be made beginning May 15th, no earlier – sorry, know the wait is agonizing.

This year, UBC said the results will be out on May 15 and not any day sooner. I looked at last year's post. Mithril's was the first one to report receiving an acceptance letter by mail and it was dated May 12. Obviously, the letter was sent earlier. Did UBC Adcom say the same thing last year and ended up sending notices earlier?

When I talked to some of the first years at the interview this year they did say that some people received notice earlier than what UBC had posted on their website...could be the same this year. It certainly would be a nice surprise!

The day was May 13 last year. 2012 is a leap year, so the date this year is pushed forward two days. I did indeed receive my letter on May 12 last year, but the letter itself was dated May 13 I believe (or maybe it was dated May 12 and I was supposed to get it May 13; I've forgotten). In any case, I was in a very small minority that received my letter early.

I woke up this morning convinced that today was May 15!

That's the weirdest thing...because so did I!

And I haven't even thought about my interview in weeks. I was, needless to say, disappointed when I became re-oriented.

But, no matter how bad we want to look to the future, we have to live in the present.

That's the weirdest thing...because so did I!

And I haven't even thought about my interview in weeks. I was, needless to say, disappointed when I became re-oriented.

But, no matter how bad we want to look to the future, we have to live in the present.

I am kind of enjoying the wait. The what if is phase is getting me through some boring work days lol. I will of course be crazy excited if I get in, but if I don't I won't have regretted the mental escape during long work days...

Archived