Premed 101 Forums

UBC Dentistry

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that two people were added the fb group last week....but im not sure if they were on the waitlist.....but its a possibility:)

I dont think so actually now that we have access to the intranet you can see the list of all the students there. its hasnt changed in number or names (not that i can tell anyway)

BC resident

80% cumulative gpa, 20AA, 24 pat

although I have excellent extracurricular, research, lors.

not gonna help that much cause this year, they are not accepting any lors, personal statement and all that...kinda bummed

do i have a chance...?!!

my dream school is UBC

I wish to get into UBC. I finished my BSc with Co-op education. My stats are:

cGPA 86%

RC 16

Bio 22

Chem 25

Sci total 23

AA 21

PAT 22

did not do carving

I applied last year to UBC and is waitlisted/rejected. I applied to McGill, Western, and UofT and got rejected by all. I am a BC resident. I am planning to apply to some schools in the States for next year's acceptance.

Should I do the carving test and apply to other Canadian schools? Which schools am I competitive in the States?

I am debating which community reference letter to choose from.

1) Pastor from my church where I did most of my extra-curricular activities

2) Supervisor (PhD) for my Co-op at a pharmaceutical company

Dentistry in Canada may be a post-graduate degree. You need associate collegian degree before you'll apply. This can be clearly ordered out on the UBC Dentistry site:

2.Complete 3 educational years (90 credits) at a recognized school at The University of British Columbia, or its equivalent, by April 2013.

3. Achieve a minimum overall mark Average of seventieth or a pair of.8 on a 4.0 grading scale for ALL college/university work (including unsuccessful courses). whereas a GPA of seventieth is that the minimum demand, candidates ought to consult the doorway statistics to see if their application are competitive.

4. Complete the specified necessity courses by April of the educational year during which they apply."

You also need to complete a placement test.

Hope it will help you

• 2 weeks later...
ya it seems some ppl dropped their spot any change in # from intranet?

I dont think they will be accepting anyone now becuz the intranet is 49 people and 1 person is a repeat student. So 48 accepted, which is in line with the # of people from past years as shown on the entrance stats

Since the #on intranet was 54 before I think this shows that ubc over accepts.

Sorry to all who were hoping to get in off wl, but work hard for next year!

didnt you say class size is 52-55?

they accept more people than there are spots, plus there are students who had to deal with personal issues from previous classes as well. Honestly, at this point I think everyone is committed to UBC now for class of 2017, and UBC is not really the "best" school to get into anyways. There are other great schools out there and you should really explore your options.

Archived