Premed 101 Forums

REFERENCES POUR LES MEMs

At least for me, being relaxed when going into a stressing situation is the best gift I can do to myself :) When I stop thinking about how I'm competing with load of people and I just start focusing on how "I" would do this, I start to enjoy the present and tend to do my best work!

future_doc didn't say you HAD to be leader to "fit" into what they wanted. How I see it is that everybody can be able to lead, given the opportunity. Maybe you've never had to be the president of some club or never had any leadership roles, but can you lead a group when the situation demands it? Can you adapt to a sudden stress? That's how I see it :D

future_doc... mmm, Montreal bagels :) I won't be able to go to Montreal on Sunday (else, it would mean 2 road trips in 2 days and I have school on Monday!), but thanks for the advice!

At least for me, being relaxed when going into a stressing situation is the best gift I can do to myself. When I stop thinking about how I'm competing with load of people and I just start focusing on how "I" would do this, I start to enjoy the present and tend to do my best work!

Indeed! :P In striving for excellence, we simply focus on doing the task. One is already prepared. Like a game of hockey or any sport or activity, solo or part of a team. Here, you are solo and a team member with the actor. You are already prepared - whether you practiced or not. You bring with you your wealth of life experience no matter how short the life.

BTW, let me rid you of a possible misconception. Some Cegepiens who get into med school think they are somehow inferior to those unviersity graduates who are classmates. Nothing is further from the truth. Eveybody is equal with their own strengths and weaknesses. And Cegepiens make excellent physicians. Having gone to university already is not an advantage and will not make for better students nor physicians.

future_doc didn't say you HAD to be leader to "fit" into what they wanted. How I see it is that everybody can be able to lead, given the opportunity. Maybe you've never had to be the president of some club or never had any leadership roles, but can you lead a group when the situation demands it? Can you adapt to a sudden stress? That's how I see it

:P

future_doc... mmm, Montreal bagels :) I won't be able to go to Montreal on Sunday (else, it would mean 2 road trips in 2 days and I have school on Monday!), but thanks for the advice!

You will have time for Schwartz's if you are not a vegitarian. ;)

Indeed! :P In striving for excellence, we simply focus on doing the task. One is already prepared. Like a game of hockey or any sport or activity, solo or part of a team. Here, you are solo and a team member with the actor. You are already prepared - whether you practiced or not. You bring with you your wealth of life experience no matter how short the life.

BTW, let me rid you of a possible misconception. Some Cegepiens who get into med school think they are somehow inferior to those unviersity graduates who are classmates. Nothing is further from the truth. Eveybody is equal with their own strengths and weaknesses. And Cegepiens make excellent physicians. Having gone to university already is not an advantage and will not make for better students nor physicians.

:P

You will have time for Schwartz's if you are not a vegitarian. ;)

Usually it should be the other way round, those who got in from cegep are better than those who got in from university, because those who got in from cegep were determined to achieve high scores from the beginning, while those who got in from university slacked and woke up only when it was too late (yes there are exceptions, some people failed cegep because of things out of their control, like me (but is it the end result that counts, these people will have to endure the same penalities as those who slacked in cegep)).

Usually it should be the other way round, those who got in from cegep are better than those who got in from university, because those who got in from cegep were determined to achieve high scores from the beginning, while those who got in from university slacked and woke up only when it was too late (yes there are exceptions, some people failed cegep because of things out of their control, like me (but is it the end result that counts, these people will have to endure the same penalities as those who slacked in cegep)).

Indeed, those who get into med school from Cegep have demonstrated exceptional qualities earlier in life than the rest of and are to be applauded. :)

As a Cegep slacker, I was not qualified to even apply for med. :(:D This was very much a wake up call for me. I had one last chance upon entering university and I changed and matured as of the first day of undergrad. And I proved myself by self-sacrifice and a strong work ethic, which resulted in many interviews and acceptance. It is the end result that counts and our med schools are not forgiving with so many knocking at their doors.

Acceptance into med school is a gift, a privilege and responsibility toward society. Only Quebec accepts students who have not entered undergraduate studies.

• 3 weeks later...
http://rcpsc.medical.org/canmeds/Can...MEDS2005_e.pdf

pg. 10 – Competencies of physicians

http://secure.cihi.ca/cihiweb/produc...2010_Web_e.pdf

Health Care in Canada 2010

pgs 61, 81, 88-89, 93-98, 101, 105-108

http://www.acs.min-saude.pt/pns2011-...03/pnsqueb.pdf

good overview of health care in Canada and role of physician (even though meant for Que)

^ I leave to you what to scan :D

None of the links work for me :(

Archived