Premed 101 Forums

CHEM 1000 @ York

The Prof this semester:

- Barely speaks intelligible English on a good day

- Doesn't teach outside reading from the lecture slides

- Teaches half assed material

- Puts material on exams that contradicts or isn't part of what he taught in class

- Doesn't reply to emails

- Notes he puts up on the course website are incomplete relative to what he uses in lecture

Amazing how this guy landed a job teaching at a University.

The Prof this semester:

- Puts material on exams that contradicts or isn't part of what he taught in class

If anyone else here is in the CHEM 1000 course this semester, I encourage you to post.

The Prof this semester:

- Notes he puts up on the course website are incomplete relative to what he uses in lecture

Welcome to university! :D

Why make a post about it..

no wonder people are getting annoyed by the yorku threads..

for chem1000... just go to some other section and see if their teacher is any better..

Why make a post? To discuss how an idiot like this got a Professor position at a University.

There is no other section to transfer to or I would have already.

Welcome to university! :D

I have a degree already. Never met a Professor this incompetent. The best part is, he's an incompetent boob when it comes to teaching, but makes the exams in a frustrating way. The first exam had questions we didn't cover, and the most recent exam had a question worth 20% of the test that took at least a third of the test time. It was busy work, not a test of intelligence or knowledge.

You just described half of the profs at york

3/5 Profs this semester have seemed enthusiastic about teachiing their courses and have put in sincere effort and one other prof has been fair as can be with students minus the strict reading of the lecture slides. so I can't generalize my findings with this one.

I have a degree already. Never met a Professor this incompetent. The best part is, he's an incompetent boob when it comes to teaching, but makes the exams in a frustrating way. The first exam had questions we didn't cover, and the most recent exam had a question worth 20% of the test that took at least a third of the test time. It was busy work, not a test of intelligence or knowledge.

what do you mean you didn't cover? ITS CHEMISTRY!!!! They are not going to take questions that you did in class and put those on the test.

what do you mean you didn't cover? ITS CHEMISTRY!!!! They are not going to take questions that you did in class and put those on the test.

Thanks, I thought we were just gonna have the questions handed to us and regurgitate information on the exams. How stupid of me.

No you genius, I'm saying he literally didn't cover information then asked questions on the exam. He later had to revise the exam marking to account for this blunder. To boot, he asked questions on the last exam that we had never seen. When he posted the answers online, everyone was like 'what the hell is this?'. Does that clear up the misunderstanding for you there bright eyes?

Thanks, I thought we were just gonna have the questions handed to us and regurgitate information on the exams. How stupid of me.

No you genius, I'm saying he literally didn't cover information then asked questions on the exam. He later had to revise the exam marking to account for this blunder. To boot, he asked questions on the last exam that we had never seen. When he posted the answers online, everyone was like 'what the hell is this?'. Does that clear up the misunderstanding for you there bright eyes?

Listen here buddy, nobody gives a crap about your s***ty chem prof, we all suffered through it, had (have) 30% class averages, and random crap thrown on our tests.

If you need to vent go find some friends and don't make useless threads because from the bottom of my heart: nobody here gives a ****

Listen here buddy, nobody gives a crap about your s***ty chem prof, we all suffered through it, had (have) 30% class averages, and random crap thrown on our tests.

If you need to vent go find some friends and don't make useless threads because from the bottom of my heart: nobody here gives a ****

Awwww, I offended this queers feelings. Did it hurt when I was rude to your boyfriend? There there Patsy, I won't say rude things again. You're so precious.

LOL @ you. Like seriously LOL @ you for thinking you can talk big to someone on the internet. You think you sound cool but really you sound like ap athetic geek reject trying to "lay the law down". Go on quickmeme.com look up "Butthurt" dweller and you'll see your reflection in the picture.

Awwww, I offended this queers feelings. Did it hurt when I was rude to your boyfriend? There there Patsy, I won't say rude things again. You're so precious.

LOL @ you. Like seriously LOL @ you for thinking you can talk big to someone on the internet. You think you sound cool but really you sound like ap athetic geek reject trying to "lay the law down". Go on quickmeme.com look up "Butthurt" dweller and you'll see your reflection in the picture.

want to get together and study? :)

oh, look at that, took less than a second to find it: http://www.premed101.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1850491

if you're that lazy in trying to find information I can only imagine how lazy you are in your studies and wanting profs to spoon fed you everything.

Misrepresenting what I'm saying and trying to pass off a rebuttal. I believe they call that strawman. But hey, what do I know.

want to get together and study? :)

1. You'd bring my GPA down.

2. If that's a threat to meet up, you're a bigger loser than the other guy. I wouldn't fight some idiot at school and risk getting kicked out. Don't get that confused with me saying I wouldn't kick your ass if the opportunity to get away with it presented itself.

Misrepresenting what I'm saying and trying to pass off a rebuttal. I believe they call that strawman. But hey, what do I know.

I could indicate the many things they call you but I am quite certain you've heard them all before.

You're like a .32 calibre mind in a .357 magnum world

1. You'd bring my GPA down.

2. If that's a threat to meet up, you're a bigger loser than the other guy. I wouldn't fight some idiot at school and risk getting kicked out. Don't get that confused with me saying I wouldn't kick your ass if the opportunity to get away with it presented itself.

No threats. I honestly need some help with chem.

I'd be happy to have you "school" me. We don't need to study at school either...

Archived