Premed 101 Forums

Tarascon and Sanford

I just got an iphone and am wondering if it's worth spending the money to get the Sanford Guide app and the Tarascon Pharma app? I've been using the Orange Guidlines hardcopy and the Epocrates on my blackberry up until now.

I'd like some opinions before I spend any money.

What things would you be looking up on the app? For epocrates, it's free and I've found it has everything I need for drug reference - brand names, dosing, contraindications, side effects etc.

As for sanford, go to http://www.bugsanddrugs.ca and download the free PDF to your iphone. It's for Capital Health (Alberta) and so the drug sensitivities are relevant to that area, but it will give you a general idea of what to use for each problem. Also I'm sure Sanford suffers from the same problem of regional variance in antibiotic choice, but those are usually the exception rather than the rule.

I like my Tarascon (though I still have a book version).

Sanford is extremely difficult to use - book or app. Even ID people hate using Sanford!

I do like micromedix and it's free

Is micromedix for antibiotic choice? AFAIK bugs and drugs is the only thing out there that's free and accessible.

Archived