Premed 101 Forums

Is food and nutrition program offered by Brescia college still valid as second degree

Hello

I am considering a second degree in honors in nutrition and dietetics. Knowing that medicine is a competitive field, I want to dietician as my back up career plan if medicine doesn't work out for me. However, one thing that worries me is that honors specialization in nutrition and dietetics in UWO is not provided from main campus, but from Brescia college.

According to this post,which was posted in 2010, it seems like only NOSM and U of Calgary cares whether it is collaborated with college. Is this still true now? or has there been any changes recently that I am not aware of?

It would be great if you guys can help me out! thanks!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the post that I read.

I've posted this in other threads, but again, here goes: All this info was given directly from meds admissions offices:

Queen's: Best 2 full-time years from any degree; full-time = 4 full courses, 8 half courses, or 24 credits sep-april

UWO: second degree only for GPA calc; all years; GPA calculated from 2 full-time years of study (Sep-Apr) - 5 full courses/only 1 pass-fail course per year

McMaster:both degrees used - cumulative GPA; all courses ever taken; no requirement for full-time status

NOSM: would be Mature student status; 1st & 2nd degree GPA calculated, as long as 1 full-time year in 2nd degree exists & take higher GPA of the 2 ; if degree is collaborative w/ college, only university courses used to calculate gpa

Dalhousie: 2 most recent full-time years; full-time = 5 full credits

U Calgary: Best 2 full-time years (from either degree); full-time = 4 full courses/8 half credits/ 24 credits total (Sep-Apr); if degree is collaborative w/ college - email UC w/ exact program description from college to determine whether or not college courses will also be included in gpa calc

Memorial: GPA calculated from all years of university/college ever taken; full-time status not required but considered

I emailed UofT at the same time, that I emailed all these other schools (in August) but have never heard back

I doubt any school cares. I am in a similar boat but from my understanding, the courses are taken at Brescia College; however the degree that is given is considered a UWO degree; therefore nulling the fact of this collaboration because on your transcript; it doesn't say Food and Nutrition 120 (Taken at Brescia College) which means that university are unaware whether the degree was collaborated or not.

Archived