Premed 101 Forums

MEM day?

xch

Hi, I am still in cegep 1 but I would like to have a general impression about what MEM really feels like, so I wonder WHEN and WHERE are the interviews (for all the 4 qc universities)? Even though I am not allowed to enter, I will just have a general feeling about a real interview day.

Thank you!

Hi, I am still in cegep 1 but I would like to have a general impression about what MEM really feels like, so I wonder WHEN and WHERE are the interviews (for all the 4 qc universities)? Even though I am not allowed to enter, I will just have a general feeling about a real interview day.

Thank you!

I would go to this link: http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48582 . Alot of useful information assembled by future_doc.

I can only answer for this year (for the dates), but McGill and the three franco universities (Laval, UdeM and Sherbrooke) don't do their interviews at the same time.

WHEN

McGill = April 23rd-24th (for cégépiens)

Francos = April 28th-29th

WHERE

For McGill, it's on their campus (simulation center I think?). For the others, it depends. If you get an interview at the three places, you can be interviewed either in Montréal, Sherbrooke and Québec. :)

WHAT

The MEM is truly a day of FUN! You can not possibly imagine the scenarios and acting stations thrown at you. They each test for finding an attribute required of physicians such as critical and ethical thinking, calmness when making a decision under pressure, communication skills, etc.

All that is required of you is to be yourself. There is no faking it.

Hopefully your day will come either in your last year as Cegepien orm as in my case, during your last year of being an undergrad. We are all different and mature at different rates. I was not ready as a Cegepien but was ready 3 years later. :P Hopefully, you will be a colleague. :)

Archived