Premed 101 Forums

Latest MCAT test date for applying this year?

souljaboy

I'm looking to take the MCAT on september 11th this year since I'll be busy with research work before that. Would taking it on this date be too late for med schools to look at for 2012-2013?

No it won't be too late for the Canadian cycle. BUT, you probably won't be able to see your results BEFORE applying. So you're blindly applying to schools, not knowing how you performed.

From UBC' site:

"Click here for information and online registration for the MCAT exam. MCAT scores must be received by October 1. The last accepted MCAT test date is August 31 of the application year. In the event that your scores from an August exam date are not available for release before October 1, please contact the Admissions Office before this deadline.È

I'm looking to take the MCAT on september 11th this year since I'll be busy with research work before that. Would taking it on this date be too late for med schools to look at for 2012-2013?
Depends on the school. Off hand, I know it'll be too late for UBC and Dal. There may be other schools as well. Your best bet is to go to the websites of each school you're thinking of applying to and check for yourself.

Depends on the school. Off hand, I know it'll be too late for UBC and Dal. There may be other schools as well. Your best bet is to go to the websites of each school you're thinking of applying to and check for yourself.

Yea I am writing on that day too and was wondering the something. But some schools don't have this year's schedule up yet when I checked. Prolly won't find out until Aug when the new cycle opens.

Archived