Premed 101 Forums

Lab Coat Size Question

Hi Guys,

I just got admitted to U of O and already I have to decide my lab coat size. Does anyone have experience choosing sizes? I measured my chest and shoulders as best as I could and the my sizes were 17 and 40 inches which corresponds to a x-small jacket size. This worries me as even though I am a small guy I never buy xs clothing. Should I trust the measurements or should I go up to size to small to make sure im not buying too small of a jacket? Is it better to be bigger or smaller? Does it even matter that much?

Thanks

Are you serious ? what size lab coat you should wear?

On a side note, Have you never worn a lab coat before?

lol. I've worn a lab coat for 4 years. I don't buy XS or S clothing either but I wear a size S coat. My clothes are M. You don't want your coat to be too loose and too long. It depends on preference as well... if you like it loose then get a size bigger, if snug, then no (tempted to make a joke here).

Hi Guys,

I just got admitted to U of O and already I have to decide my lab coat size. Does anyone have experience choosing sizes? I measured my chest and shoulders as best as I could and the my sizes were 17 and 40 inches which corresponds to a x-small jacket size. This worries me as even though I am a small guy I never buy xs clothing. Should I trust the measurements or should I go up to size to small to make sure im not buying too small of a jacket? Is it better to be bigger or smaller? Does it even matter that much?

Thanks

Just take it a size larger. You can always roll up your sleeves, and will eventually grow into your "medical physique".

Archived