Premed 101 Forums

I'm not saying you guys are lying, but why hasn't anyone else been notified of rejection?

Has anyone here received a rejection notice? Cause I certainly haven't.

Why would Mac notify those who were accepted, and then leave the rest of us hanging over the long weekend??? I'm sorry but that's just classless behavior on their part, and I intend to let the admin know what I think of her. It's her responsibility to notify all applicants regardless of acceptance, and at the same time, not days apart. It's common courtesy, and if the University had any class, that's what they would've done.

jpmorgan said:
I'm not saying you guys are lying, but why hasn't anyone else been notified of rejection?

Has anyone here received a rejection notice? Cause I certainly haven't.

Why would Mac notify those who were accepted, and then leave the rest of us hanging over the long weekend??? I'm sorry but that's just classless behavior on their part, and I intend to let the admin know what I think of her. It's her responsibility to notify all applicants regardless of acceptance, and at the same time, not days apart. It's common courtesy, and if the University had any class, that's what they would've done.

The reason rejection letters are not sent out on the same day is because people can choose to reject their offer. In that situation, someone else will be notified of an acceptance. I am sure that it is nerve wrecking not hearing back, but I assure you that the reason for this is most likely because they are following protocol.

I cannot control your actions but can only hope that you will realize on your own that calling the Program Assistant to, "let her know what you think of her" will not serve you any good. Professionalism is a common theme that you will encounter in any profession that you choose to pursue. In fact, in the PA program, we have an entire course dedicated to it. After being in the program for one year, I can assure you that seeking vengeance in this way not only goes against what we are taught as PAs but also goes against what is expected of any well-educated individual hoping to function in our society.

I wish you all the best, if you want to talk about the admission process, I will be pleased to talk about it with you through private messages.

The reason rejection letters are not sent out on the same day is because people can choose to reject their offer. In that situation, someone else will be notified of an acceptance.

Normal schools use a waiting list, but I guess Mac really isn't a normal school, with their MMIs and PBLs and other innovative, self-congratulatory BS they have coming out the woodwork.

This has nothing to do with professionalism. A simple notification telling us that we are waiting for others to accept/waitlist/whatever would have been appreciated, instead of not telling us anything and leaving us to wait over the long weekend.

Don't you agree this would have been the sensible thing to do? (Think of it as a "scenario" -- hardy har har!)

Nothing personal to admission staff as they might just following the protocol. I really don't think that this protocol is appropriate as it does not show equal respect or concern to all applicants. Can i ask who made the protocol ?

Nothing personal to admission staff as they might just following the protocol. I really don't think that this protocol is appropriate as it does not show equal respect or concern to all applicants. Can i ask who made the protocol ?

Exactly, Tommy. I've been wondering the same thing myself. Very disrespectful protocol.

Normal schools use a waiting list, but I guess Mac really isn't a normal school, with their MMIs and PBLs and other innovative, self-congratulatory BS they have coming out the woodwork.

This has nothing to do with professionalism. A simple notification telling us that we are waiting for others to accept/waitlist/whatever would have been appreciated, instead of not telling us anything and leaving us to wait over the long weekend.

Don't you agree this would have been the sensible thing to do? (Think of it as a "scenario" -- hardy har har!)

At first I wasn't going to respond to this but since you have completely missed my point, I have decided to clarify it for you.

When I spoke of professionalism, I was not referring to the program but to the way that you decided to handle this situation. Having an opinion about the admission process is totally acceptable, having suggestions for the admission committee is also much appreciated. Believe it or not, the program loves to get feedback from all applicants regarding their view on the admission process. After all, how can you improve without being open to constructive criticism?

With that being said, I do not think that there is anything constructive about furiously posting on an anonymous forum regarding your feelings about McMaster's admission process. If it didn't work, then I don't see why it's now being implemented in Ivy league schools all around the world.

I hope that this clarifies what I was referring to when I mentioned "professionalism". I also hope that in the future, you decide to approach these situations more appropriately. As I mentioned previously, message me in private if you want to talk further about this issue.

Sensafi said:
At first I wasn't going to respond to this but since you have completely missed my point, I have decided to clarify it for you.

When I spoke of professionalism, I was not referring to the program but to the way that you decided to handle this situation. Having an opinion about the admission process is totally acceptable, having suggestions for the admission committee is also much appreciated. Believe it or not, the program loves to get feedback from all applicants regarding their view on the admission process. After all, how can you improve without being open to constructive criticism?

With that being said, I do not think that there is anything constructive about furiously posting on an anonymous forum regarding your feelings about McMaster's admission process. If it didn't work, then I don't see why it's now being implemented in Ivy league schools all around the world.

I hope that this clarifies what I was referring to when I mentioned "professionalism". I also hope that in the future, you decide to approach these situations more appropriately. As I mentioned previously, message me in private if you want to talk further about this issue.

This message board is open to the public, therefore I'm discussing my thoughts publicly, not privately.

What exactly was wrong with the way I handled the situation? I have a right to post here and voice my thoughts, and I think the admissions board should know how ignorant and disrespectful they are, so I plan on letting the admin know how I feel. Is that so wrong?

If you have such a low regard for the university, why did you even bother applying? While I agree that notifying applicants of their admission status should be a common courtesy, for reasons beyond our understanding, they have chosen not to do so. Perhaps there is a good reason, perhaps not. Instead of whining about it on the internet though, your efforts are probably better spent making a phone call and inquiring about the current status of your application. That seems like the best way to get concrete answers.

To those who were accepted, congratulations, and to those still waiting, best of luck!

Does the PA office email you to confirm that they have received your acceptance? Thanks!

I don't remember getting a specific confirmation from them, but if I remember correctly, they will send you a package in the mail with further instruction shortly after. There is quite a bit of documentation that you will need to complete before September.

I dont have much of a science background (more health policy)...will it be difficult to catch-up?

I don't know if I would say difficult but it will certainly be more of a challenge than if you had taken university bio, chem, etc., etc. You will just have to learn as you go and you might have to read more of that stuff. You will be fine as long as you do your work and ask lots of questions :)

I don't know if I would say difficult but it will certainly be more of a challenge than if you had taken university bio, chem, etc., etc. You will just have to learn as you go and you might have to read more of that stuff. You will be fine as long as you do your work and ask lots of questions :)

I know in the states they have a white coat ceremony for PAs...Do they do the same thing here?

I know in the states they have a white coat ceremony for PAs...Do they do the same thing here?

In the States, some schools have them and some don't, just like some MD/DO programs have them and some don't. Historically, the PA class at DeGroote has not had them but that doesn't mean it might change.

Archived