Premed 101 Forums

Choosing a PT school???

Guest Physioprospect

Guest Physioprospect

I am from BC and do not know anything about the towns or universities, I have to pick between UWO and Queens. Anyone have any good info to help me make a decision?

I'm in the same boat, except I am from New Brunswick. I saw the Mac building when I attended the MMI but had to jet straight to Toronto for the CAP afterwards. I was accepted at Mac and at Queens and am having a hard time deciding where to go. I know about Mac's learning style and think I'll be okay with it. Queens concerns me because I really haven't herd anything about their program. Does anyone know anybody that is currently in the program or has recently graduated from Queens. I'd appreciate anyone's insight!

Thanks in advance!

Both schools have silly reputations..

Queens is known to be stuck up while western has a reputation of a party school. These probably dont apply as much to graduate studies.

Both campuses are beautiful, lots of limestone.

Queens campus is right downtown kingston. And as mentioned before Kingston is a really beautiful city.

Both are similar distances from Toronto just on either sides.

Both have medical schools.

I have heard bad things about queens student housing. Nothing about westerns.

I am heading to Western this fall and visited campus today and am getting happier with my choice everyday.

Go with your gut!

Both schools are great, I'm sure. Who knows what each will offer you :)

It's too bad it's so difficult to find info from current students.

I did my undergrad at Mac so I can tell you Mac is a great school.

Hamilton is an interesting city, lots todo once you know your way around. Hess street is a popular street of clubs/bars for students. The downtown can be a bit sketch but it's a bus ride from campus.

Mac has its own university bubble bc it is closed off to traffic except buses.

New gym facilities, good school spirit,

On the edge of the GTA so getting on the go train to toronto is really easy.

Mac is always high on university rankings.

Apparently rent is cheap - a room in a house is average 400-450 probably.

3 main areas for student housing. Westdale (great), Emerson (not as nice) and cootes side (more integrated with families and a little bit newer).

Bus system is good.

If you have any other Mac/Hamilton questions feel free to ask.

I cant really speak to the pt program but at the mmi the students all spoke highly of it. Saying PBL makes sense to learn the material bc that's how you will learn in placement and the workplace. Helping you easily become a life long learner.

Both schools have silly reputations..

Queens is known to be stuck up while western has a reputation of a party school. These probably dont apply as much to graduate studies.

Both campuses are beautiful, lots of limestone.

Queens campus is right downtown kingston. And as mentioned before Kingston is a really beautiful city.

Both are similar distances from Toronto just on either sides.

Both have medical schools.

I have heard bad things about queens student housing. Nothing about westerns.

I am heading to Western this fall and visited campus today and am getting happier with my choice everyday.

Go with your gut!

Both schools are great, I'm sure. Who knows what each will offer you :)

It's too bad it's so difficult to find info from current students.

I was just wondering what you thought of the campus... specifically the parts that PT students are going to use... new, old, up to date...gym facility compared to macs brand new one? etc

When I was there today I really only got an overall view of the campus. My tour guide has a sprained ankle so we just drove all around. But she said their gym isnt new but it's good and included as a student, No extra gym fees. I'm sure someone who is from UWO could answer some of our questions better.

Archived