Premed 101 Forums

Pharmacology then Medicine?

I applied to UdeS for Medicine as my first choice but was granted instead the option for the pharmacology bac, since it was my second choice... I am assuming this happened because of my grades,...... :(

My idea is to start with the pharmacology improve my grades and then switching to the medicine either at Sherbrooke or UdeM, is this even possible? Has anyone heard of such thing?

Thanks,

and I appreciate any comments.

I applied to UdeS for Medicine as my first choice but was granted instead the option for the pharmacology bac, since it was my second choice... I am assuming this happened because of my grades,...... :(

My idea is to start with the pharmacology improve my grades and then switching to the medicine either at Sherbrooke or UdeM, is this even possible? Has anyone heard of such thing?

Thanks,

and I appreciate any comments.

Yea it's possible. But most likely your gonna have to finish your bac before going to med. Pharmacology is a good bac, you'll have to have a GPA of 3.7 at least to hope for med school.

I did only one year in my bacc in biology at UdeS before I got accepted in medicine. If you can get straight As for one semester it's possible.

I also have a few friends who did pharmaco, then got into medicine, so it's definately possible.

Do you have any idea about what GPA they had when they got in?

I know people (including myself) who did med school after 1,2 or 3 years of pharmacology. Their GPA were between 3,78 and 4,02 out of 4,33.

Pharmacology is kind of hard and people are a bit competitive because so much of them want to get into pharmacy.

BTW pharmacology do NOT lead to the job of a Pharmacist, just to be clear.

And, how is your french? good enough to french's schools ?

Archived