Premed 101 Forums

1st Year York University Biomedical Science

Hey guys,

This is to the individuals who are in York and finished at least first year(Also graduated students). Any advice/recommendations for 1st year courses to maximize my GPA as much as possible. I've received an email from the admissions stating that I'll need to take Chem, Bio, Math(Calculus), Computer Use, and a General Educational course. However, computer use and the general education course, can be taken in later years. Should I take it in first year anyways?

Thanks!:)

There is not much flexibility in first years courses to be honest. You have to take 6 credits of math, 6 credits of chem, 6 credits bio and you can choose from 6 credits of psychology/physics

the other six credits, it's better to do computer science which is pretty straightforward course with excel-related material. You have to do it anyways so it's better to do it first year.

You can take general eds whenever you want but you have to take 12 credits of them by the time you graduate. I remember in my first year I took the computer science course & for the last 3 credits I took microeconomics.

But if you're not thinking of doing Computer science first year, you can take both physics and psychology together or do a 6 credit general ed course like linguistics

There is not much flexibility in first years courses to be honest. You have to take 6 credits of math, 6 credits of chem, 6 credits bio and you can choose from 6 credits of psychology/physics

the other six credits, it's better to do computer science which is pretty straightforward course with excel-related material. You have to do it anyways so it's better to do it first year.

You can take general eds whenever you want but you have to take 12 credits of them by the time you graduate. I remember in my first year I took the computer science course & for the last 3 credits I took microeconomics.

But if you're not thinking of doing Computer science first year, you can take both physics and psychology together or do a 6 credit general ed course like linguistics

What were the courses that you took in the following years?

Archived