Premed 101 Forums

Question regarding LOC

Hey guys,

I have a quick question regarding LOC applications. I'm heading in to start meeting with banks etc. but I'm concerned that I'll have some difficulty because my credit took a beating this year (my parents were not able to help me financially - mother was off work with cancer). Do you have any advice or tips on how to proceed with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cool. Your temporary problem is behind you so I would think you will be safe. Don't show any insecurity. They want business of future physicians for the long haul and a major part of your assessment is whom you are going to become. :P

I appreciate that! I'll be going in with confidence for sure. Large and in charge. Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes!

Your best bet is also to talk to all the banks with branches in your area, which probably will be all of them if they want to rake in med students that they hope will turn into financially incompetent physicians that they can profit of off. Make sure to talk to the actual person that deals with med students, not just some random guy that deals with undergrad students (unless you are an undergrad, I guess you never specified). Essentially shop around, find your best deal.

Dont worry, you got into med school! you can easily handle us loan officers. we dont bite. and in regard to credit history, as long as you didn't declare bankruptcy in the past 7 years. It should be fine.

Good luck and congratz!

Da-Ke Zhao

UBC Student Lending

UBC Wesbrook Village Branch

5905 Berton Ave

T.604.221.5936

F.604.221.5927

da-ke.zhao@rbc.com

Archived