Premed 101 Forums

Types of References + Starting App

I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else, I did use the search function but couldn't find what I'd hoped for.

Anyways, I was wondering if someone could direct to a page or list of the types of references each school needs. I know some have specific requirements. I've been looking at the websites for the schools but it's taking me a while and I'm having trouble finding where most schools actually state exactly what they want.

So if someone knows of a list or if they know off the top of their head that info would be really appreciated.

I was also wondering about when people usually start making up their application. As far as I can tell, OMSAS isn't open until July so I'd assume I'd have to wait for Ontario schools until at least then? Or is there anyway to get started ahead of time?

Thanks!

As far as I'm concerned, Ontario schools require 3 references. It's best to have referees who can comment on your academic ability as well as any extracurricular/volunteer activities you might have had - you want medical schools to be able to see different aspects of you. Hope that helps!

Archived