Premed 101 Forums

background check for medical school

i believe the majority of universities use certiphi. im living in the USA now, but did live in Canada in the past. i will have to list those two addresses on Certiphi application, which i was told will lead to a background check in both countries.

i put my canadian address, got to the end of the application, but no additional information is asked. i called certiphi last week and was told once i submitted it, they would contact me with the appropriate forms for the canadian background check.

do they do their background check through the RCMP? or do they make you get your record from the police department in the city you lived in?

i believe the majority of medical schools use certiphi. im living in the USA now, but did live in Canada in the past. i will have to list those two addresses on Certiphi application, which i was told will lead to a background check in both countries.

i put my canadian address, got to the end of the application, but no additional information is asked. i called certiphi last week and was told once i submitted it, they would contact me with the appropriate forms for the canadian background check.

do they do their background check through the RCMP? or do they make you get your record from the police department in the city you lived in?

They do your background check through RCMP. They will also email you a 'Consent to disclosure" form that you have to send them with copies of 2 pieces of ID before they can conduct your Canadian police check.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived