Premed 101 Forums

Bioinformatics

I was talking with a guy I worked with earlier this summer who was dead set that bioinformatics was going to play a key role in the future of health science. He gave me a general idea on what it was about, and it sounds interesting.

I'm curious to know if its something useful to take as an intro class to understand it more. It might be applicable to my major in physiology/pharmacology.

Thanks.

I was talking with a guy I worked with earlier this summer who was dead set that bioinformatics was going to play a key role in the future of health science. He gave me a general idea on what it was about, and it sounds interesting.

I'm curious to know if its something useful to take as an intro class to understand it more. It might be applicable to my major in physiology/pharmacology.

Thanks.

Have you ever looked into muff diving?

I really enjoyed my bioinformatics course. I used the the tools I learned in many classes since and it certainly is helpful in research. It was specifically designed for biomedical science majors, which made a big difference. I've heard normal binf classes are really computer science heavy, and if that's not your thing it is a lot of work so I'd be careful of that! You could look into if your school has a similar option.

Archived