Premed 101 Forums

So I've never been eligible before but this year I am. I submitted my app back on May 25 and my official estimate was not available but I used the estimator tool that is outside of the app and used the exact same numbers. My estimate is now up on the app and the number is about $5,000 less than the first estimate. Has anyone else run into this? Seems like a pretty big difference.

Also, I submitted my master agreement and sent off my docs that day. My app shows in process but still says I need to submit my docs. Do they update the website once they receive them? My post office tracking number shows they were received. Just trying to get an idea how all this works.

Usually the documents take awhile to be updated, since it's unlikely that they update it right away upon receiving it.

The estimator tool is not very reliable, since I'm sure the algorithm changes. I wouldn't worry about the difference since there's nothing you can do about it anyway. The estimator is exactly that, an estimate =) When I put my info in the estimator, it also overestimated how much I'd be receiving.

Yeah the estimator seems to serve to raise your hopes only to have them crushed when the real estimate in your app comes along. Estimator had me pegged at almost 17k. the real app has it down to 13.5k (still not complaining though). It may be because my medical school gave me a bursary, which I think can affect government funding.

Yeah the estimator seems to serve to raise your hopes only to have them crushed when the real estimate in your app comes along. Estimator had me pegged at almost 17k. the real app has it down to 13.5k (still not complaining though). It may be because my medical school gave me a bursary, which I think can affect government funding.

Did you declare your bursary when you applied for OSAP?

• 1 year later...

I've been out of high school for 5 years now, which means by all intents and purposes I am an "independent student".

However, it was my understanding that when selecting Medicine as the program of study for med school that the osap form would ask me for my parent's income and tax details. This wasn't the case. I only had to report my income from all sources.

So my questions are:

1) Does OSAP not ask for my parent's income details

2) Do I not report a line of credit anywhere on my OSAP application

How long did it take for you guys to get a response for the Western grants?

some people in another thread were mentioning they already received them.

i just handed mine in recently so i'm also still waiting. people in the past have applied super late and still gotten something though, so i figured it wouldn't hurt to try if i could still hand it in.

Archived