Premed 101 Forums

Did you ever at one point feel like giving up?

Did you ever at one point feel like giving up?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you ever at one point feel like giving up?

• Yes
    • No

haha, we're really similar in that respect… the key to success is to keep failing till you pull thru… to be more joking about our little worldview

No, it's not in my DNA. In apparent defeat, I will work harder. When fatigued, my motivation keeps me going. This attitude has brought me where I am. And when I am repeatedly attacked, it's time to teach the offender a lesson he won't forget soon.

Yes. Things are going incredibly poorly for me right now, and it would use be so easy to give up, to go back to the life we had before we went down this path.

But it isn't in me to give up, no matter how much easier it seems.

Yes. Things are going incredibly poorly for me right now, and it would use be so easy to give up, to go back to the life we had before we went down this path.

But it isn't in me to give up, no matter how much easier it seems.

Yes but for people like us, there is no alternative.

We have to at least try for this.

Yes but for people like us, there is no alternative.

We have to at least try for this.

There are alternatives. They just mostly suck.

This is my third attempt at going to university. Every time, stuff has come up that has made it impossible. We're facing that right now. It would be so easy to just give up on this ridiculous dream and go back to our humdrum life of soul-destroying, dead end jobs. But I won't, because I've fought too damn long for this chance.

There are alternatives. They just mostly suck.

This is my third attempt at going to university. Every time, stuff has come up that has made it impossible. We're facing that right now. It would be so easy to just give up on this ridiculous dream and go back to our humdrum life of soul-destroying, dead end jobs. But I won't, because I've fought too damn long for this chance.

This is your THIRD degree?

Jesus why not try for PA school, even if it's in the states - then come back.

This is your THIRD degree?

Jesus why not try for PA school, even if it's in the states - then come back.

No, my third attempt at going to uni. The last two times, I had to withdraw my registration because the funds weren't there for me to both live and attend school.

Very vague question lol, but as with any "did you EVER feel" questions, the answer is likely yes.

Did I ever FEEL like giving up on getting into med school before getting in? Of course, I was planning alternate careers. Giving up on med once I was in? Sure, but not as seriously. Giving up on life in general? Im sure many have had times where they just wish they could go to sleep and not wake up.

Everyone feels like giving up sometimes. The people that say "no" are trying to be encouraging, but they are lying if they truely did some introspection. Just try to keep your "eye on the prize" a majority of the time, and keep yourself from actually giving in and giving up.

Archived