Premed 101 Forums

Mac elective - Have to be in 4th year?

So I'm trying to apply to an elective at Mac via their online application, and at one point it doesn't let you go any further unless you stated you will be in your final year of medicine at your school at the time of the elective.

Thing is, it doesn't state this requirement anywhere else on their website for visiting canadian students (it just says you have to be in your clerkship phase) and I'm wondering if its accidentally there just for international students (who are required to be in their fourth year).

No response from their electives office yet, does anybody here know whats up?

I think they are in the process of clearing this stuff up, but as of now, Queen's clerks cannot apply for a Mac elective until they are in their 4th year. This was a recent "change." I'm not sure if it applies to other schools, though.

• 5 months later...

BUMPING this thread y'all in favour of keeping the thread counts low. :P

My question is: can we set up an elective by coming to a mutual agreement with a preceptor on our own, and then somehow go through the Mcmaster online application?

If anyone has any insight or has used the online application found here: http://macmdelectives.ca/utme/visiting/application/index_javascript.cfm

please let me know! thank you kindly,

fuzzydino.

Archived