Premed 101 Forums

TPR verba;

cis_man

I wouldn't call it 'harder' necessarily, but I would definitely agree that they're different.

Each test has a different curve, so I can't really comment much on what your score would be on an AAMC test. Which TPR test did you write?

Edit: I should probably also point out that I usually score 1-2 points higher on AAMC practice tests than on TPR, but that doesn't necessarily relate to difficulty. AAMC might just be asking the types of questions that I'm more comfortable with. Everyone is different, especially when it comes to verbal.

I wouldn't call it 'harder' necessarily, but I would definitely agree that they're different.

Each test has a different curve, so I can't really comment much on what your score would be on an AAMC test. Which TPR test did you write?

Edit: I should probably also point out that I usually score 1-2 points higher on AAMC practice tests than on TPR, but that doesn't necessarily relate to difficulty. AAMC might just be asking the types of questions that I'm more comfortable with. Everyone is different, especially when it comes to verbal.

abc

That's their free test, right?

I did it back in November, so it would be fairly tricky for me to judge its difficulty. For what it's worth, my VR score from that test is lower than every AAMC practice test I've done up until this point.

I should also note that this was my first MCAT, and I wrote it months before I started studying.

That's their free test, right?

I did it back in November, so it would be fairly tricky for me to judge its difficulty. For what it's worth, my VR score from that test is lower than every AAMC practice test I've done up until this point.

yes it's the free one

I just looked it over briefly to check out the difficulty (I actually have a paper version of this one, as well as a CBT). That test has much more retrieval questions (10 total retrieval questions) than an AAMC test. Conversely, this test only had 1 New Info question.

So pretty much, this test is structured very differently from an AAMC test. AAMC #3 is also free, so I'd recommend giving that one a try after you've done your content review.

Archived