Premed 101 Forums

Where are students planning to live?

Guest Air Mufasa

Guest Air Mufasa

Hey Everyone,

I know that in previous posts summervirus (thanks for monitoring this forum! Your help has been invaluable!!) has said that many students choose Windsor Park Plaza for living quarters, but I am just sending this message out to the class of 2010 to see where people decide to live. I am from Kingston, Ontario, and it would be fantastic to be living nearby my classmates.

See y'all later,

AM

Guest Helix

Hey Air Mufasa

Im going to be living in the Garneau area just north of white ave and west of the University Hospital. Its a prime location, I recommend you check it out.

Helix

Guest loud noises

I'm living in a Boardwalk Rental property on Saskatchewan Dr. It is about a 12 minute walk from the hospital, but this building really does have a million dollar view, as the condos/houses on Sask. Dr. NW start around half a million dollar in asking price (I overlook the river and downton). The price is very reasonable, and I do believe even cheaper in pricing than something closer to the hospital. I'm not bragging- just have fallen in love with my place:rollin

Guest Scholastica

Not sure... I still have no place to live in Edmonton yet! |I I'm on the waiting list for both residence (I applied to Newton and East Campus Village, but I'm not expecting to get into Newton) and Garneau Towers.

loud noises, how much rent do you pay for your place? :)

Guest loud noises

Hey there Scholastica,

I pay $669/month for a bachelor, but like I said, beautiful view, which I can see from my window and balcony!

As I was mentioning in a previous thread, I do work for the Residence office in the summers, so I know some of the ins and outs...I don't mean to be a downer, but if you just applied, your chances for Newton are pretty weak. What type of room did you apply for in ECV?

Guest Scholastica

Hi loud noises,

I've applied for an one-room apartment in ECV. I'm actually leaning towards Garneau towers because it's so close to the UH and the floors are hardwood. Unfortunately, I'm on the waiting list. >D The lady who answered my phone told me there were 10 students/people ahead of me for one-room and bachelor's at Garneau and that I might have a good chance of getting a room there in August.

In the past, I used to complain about paying $572 for my one-room apartment in London, which is just across the campus. Now, it seems like a bargain compared to the price I'd have to pay in Edmonton! But I'm still excited to move, and I can barely wait... lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

Loud: your place sounds really good!

I'll be moving to Edmonton along w/ a friend in september... we are looking for a nice 2-bedroom apartment style near campus.. in fact.. as close as possible... money isn't relaly a problem.. i'm willing to shell out for a nice place

Does ur building have any 2-bedroom apartments available? Are there a lot of studens from U of A med there?

Thanks

Guest loud noises

Hey there ap0x,

I actually just moved out of a 2 bedroom apartment in the same building! It's not the most modern of buildings, but it's not old, rundown or falling apart :b , and it's got a fantastic view (like I've said:rollin ), and it's about a 12 minute walk from the hospital. I've seen a few med students walk in and out of the building.

Here's the link to the actual building...www.bwalk.com/rental/infosheetA.asp?projectno=142&lng=EN

You can't tell anything of the view, but I can take some with my digital camera, and post them a bit later, if you want.

Archived