Premed 101 Forums

August 16th MCAT

HC8

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to get into panic mode. I feel very unprepared...Ah!

I'm not having any trouble sleeping, my problem is moreso just being plain exhausted at the moment. I feel fairly burnt out but don't feel like I have time to relax too much. I'm going to do a practice test this weekend, see how I do and if it's not good then I'm probably going to cancel. This is my second time writing and my first score wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. I really don't want to do worse this time around...

I'll be honest, I'm not feeling great. I'm lucky that I am one of the freaks that actually finds verbal pretty easy, but I really struggle with the sciences. I think physics may be my downfall, for the second time, next Thursday :(

This is so me as well. Damn you physics!

Guys you should all really start to change your sleeping schedules so that you can actually WAKE UP at 6am to write the test.

...unless the one on august 16th is at 1pm? Mine in July was at 8am and I had a lot of trouble changing my sleeping pattern haha

Guys you should all really start to change your sleeping schedules so that you can actually WAKE UP at 6am to write the test.

...unless the one on august 16th is at 1pm? Mine in July was at 8am and I had a lot of trouble changing my sleeping pattern haha

Mine is at 1pm.

Yep :) A major reason why I chose this date!

That just shows how different we all are, hehe. I wiiiish it were at 8. I don't know when to have lunch! :o

I don't want to eat too early, because then I'll be hungry for dinner mid-test. But I also don't want to get to the testing centre too late.

How early are you guys planning on arriving?

Wake up around 10, relax eat some breakfast. Drive over around 11:30-12pm. Come home and worry for 30 days.

Like arrive there at 11:30 am?! Or depart?

P.S. You seem so relaxed. My schedule will be more like: Wake up at 7:30. Panic. Breakfast. Work out. Panic. Drive there. Eat lunch in vicinity to save myself 10 minutes. Panic. Enter.

P.S. You seem so relaxed. My schedule will be more like: Wake up at 7:30. Panic. Breakfast. Work out. Panic. Drive there. Eat lunch in vicinity to save myself 10 minutes. Panic. Enter.

You only have to be there 30 minutes early right? Or is it an hour?

You only have to be there 30 minutes early right? Or is it an hour?

I would be there at least 45 minutes before you write. There were only a few people responsible for signing us in and they took their sweet time. A lot of people showed up less than 30 minutes before and ended up waiting a long time. Quite a few of them didn't get to start on time. I was about an hour early and had no problems signing in and getting to my station on time. I had to wait about 20-30 minutes, but I would rather wait a few minutes than stress about signing in.

I'm hoping by work out you mean take a walk in the park. Unless you plan on doing some pre-MCAT deadlifts. Which probably would not be to your advantage lol

:o Is doing cardio beforehand a bad call? I worked out before doing all my practice full lengths, and I usually work out before exams. It tends to perk me up. But maybe I shouldn't? Crap, idk

:o Is doing cardio beforehand a bad call? I worked out before doing all my practice full lengths, and I usually work out before exams. It tends to perk me up. But maybe I shouldn't? Crap, idk

If you did it before your practice tests, I recommend doing it before your real test. Don't make unnecessary changes to your routine.

Well I was getting really worried over the weekend and then i figured it's probably just easier to not put so much pressure on this. I know i have done all the preparation i could have and even if it doesnt go well, i will always have another day to write again.

Getting there earlier is probably best, i have to cross the US-Canada border so i'm taking into account any delays. I would rather get there early and relax, look over formulas than to be late.

Light Cardio before is AMAZING! it gets you awake and gets the blood going, definitely doing that.

Archived