Premed 101 Forums

Accepted into Optometry but want Medical

good job picking numbers outta your ass....that will go a long way for you...

"How Much Does a McDonald's Franchise Cost?" The McDonald's Corporation requires a minimum of $250,000 of non-borrowed personal resources to consider you for a franchise. In other words you need $250,000 cash on hand to just start the discussion process with McDonald's. If you do not have $250,000 available click here to contact a franchise consultant who can recommend other great franchises in your specific price range.

Averge Medchool tuition:

$ 47,550/year

Dear donkey ass.....i dunno which rich chinese uncle u got your money from..but if u havent put ur family/their income/their stats to get a loan from the government..

i dunno what you are smoking G

i was a mcdonald's weekend morning manager by 16, i was doing the financial paperwork and everything... what you fail to consider is the concept of mentorship, i was offered chance to get business training with them, i would have been a store manager at 18, and our owner had 6 locations... she paid salary and percentage of new franchises as she expanded if you were good. People apply to medical school for various reasons, but in this case you're comparing someone with no business and no medical experience... the choice is obvious... medicine is a protected profession and with public health care, more or less free ticket to 200 g. it's all about risk in the end... medicine is low risk, whereas business is high risk... and you're absolutely right, investors and banks negate this risk by hiring or lending to people who already have a strong record and skill set.

i've been offered numerous six figure jobs, the last one was selling cars, seriously, the pay is quite good, but i'd get bored terribly quick...

even like when i worked at mcdonald's and was encouraged to stay in the business...i'd have a 150 k salary by now if i stayed and headed into corporate... but i could never personally get passionate about burgers, that money could never dig me out of the existential depression i'd be going through, lol... besides, the way i function, is i have to go all or nothing, if i don't give it my all, i don't bother.

so you're right in an aspect, mcdonald's will not get you rich quick at all, it requires years of investment in a skill set and years of building a network willing to invest in you... however, people can make money running mcdonalds franchises, or working as regional managers... the amounts, you'd be surprised by.

another thing, many franchisees hire managers and pay them 50 g to manage day to day operations, while they focus on expansion etc. no one makes money managing the day to day operations of a million dollar business they own, when it relies on volume, a sub-specialized skill set that isn't transferable. Management is more prudent when you a run a business that relies less on volume and more on individual transactions or where rather technical understanding is required to manage employees (i.e. a design firm, smaller law firm, medical clinic, marketing, ebusiness etc.)

Listen to me, you ****ing donkey.

The startup cost for a McDonalds is around $1,000,000. How many high school graduates have than much money to invest? Who in their right mind would loan a high school student, who has no experience in restaurant management, that much money? If these franchises are so desperate for people to put them up, why are there 10000 people applying to medical school every year?

Do you actually know how investing works? You aren't going to make $900K on a $1M investment, that would be a 90% return rate per year. You realize that, in this economy, a 5% return rate is considered good right now? If you put up a $1M McDonald's, and managed it full-time, you'd make $150K per year, tops.

You honestly sound like a ****ing retard with a secret-but-not-so-secret get rich quick scheme. Why don't you graduate high school first, then we'll talk?

Archived