Premed 101 Forums

Cut off mid-sentence in Writing Sample

FrenchToast

It is definitely not an automatic J, especially since this only (I'm assuming) happened on one essay. They have to grade the essay based on what you completed before you ran out of time.

If you ran out of time at the end of your synthesis/resolution paragraph, it won't significantly change your score.

Hi

I think I also did poorly on my writing section. I am going to rewrite 2013. However, Does anyone know how MCAT changes in 2013-2014(No writing sample) will affect someone who get below the cut-off in 2012 MCAT?

I hope Medical School don't based their evaluation on writing section from previous MCAT since I don't think it is fair because there is no chance for improvement:(

Thanks guys!

The issue is that it is mid-sentence in the middle of the paragraph because I was super dumb and was trying to fix something. I thouuught I had enough time.

But thank you guys so much for the encouragement. It helps so much and I really appreciate it :)

No worries! Same thing happened to me and I got an S. There is hope.

• 1 month later...

Awesome! Congrats :)

I think the markers are generally understanding of this kind of thing. I always started my essays off with a few lines of short notes, outlining what I'd be writing each paragraph about, but they were extremely rough and devoid of punctuation/grammar/etc. I meant to erase them before hitting "submit", but left them in by accident on my actual MCAT because I was stressed out and used up every possible second writing. I ended up with a T, so it seems like they're willing to overlook things that are obviously silly mistakes as long as your actual essay is still good!

Archived