Premed 101 Forums

Pre-Requisite Courses Showing up on Application

Guest MegaDreamer

Guest MegaDreamer

When I submitted my application Doctor of Medicine application, the system still did not show my pre-requisite courses (apparently they are supposed to be entered by the Registrar's Office). When I log in to my Doctor of Medicine account now, the courses still don't show up. I was wondering if this is normal. Are others in the same boat? When can we expect to see the courses filled in?

Guest kaymcee

My courses were just added today.

I'm pleasantly surprized by the courses they chose for pre-requisites and how they calculated my overall GPA. Who knows if it'll get me an out-of-province interview, though.

Mine still aren't showing up either, but I looked on Bear Tracks and saw they confirmed receiving the first transcript...I'm thinking they're just still plugging away at it since it seems like it's all on their end, but I'm starting to get a little antsy too.

Guest DramaticallyCounterintuitive

My grades just showed up on my application... and I'm VERY happy with the way they were converted from UVic's 9 point scale to U of A's 4 point scale. Sweet. :D

Still not up for me either. With this many of us it has to be backlog on their end. I know they have my transcripts because I e-mailed the registrar in October...hopefully by next week the grades will be up.

Guest kaymcee

No, podz22, I'm from BC.

Check your UAlberta webmail to see if they have sent you any notifications about not receiving your transcript. Also, check BearTracks for the same information. BearTracks will indicate both whether they've received your transcript and if they haven't received it. There will probably be notice of them wanting to receive your interim and final transcripts in January and June, respectively. (i.e. Not the ones we're fretting about.)

Since each transcript must be entered individually, the equivalent pre-requisite courses chosen, the overall average calculated dropping your worst year, etc. it takes awhile for even one applicant. I sent my transcripts quite early (mid-September with my applications that were due in early October), well ahead of my application, so perhaps that is why mine have been updated relatively early in the process.

Check the places I mentioned above, and if there's nothing there regarding a missing application transcript, don't worry about it.

Edit in italics– thanks, HP.

"Also, check BearTracks for the same information. Neither of them will indicate that they have received your transcript, but I know you will be informed if they haven't."

On my Bear Tracks page, there is a "Completed Items" heading, and under that is "Term 1 & 2 Course Registration". Maybe not everyone has that updated or something, but isn't that an indication that they have them?

Guest muchdutch

I worked for the RO for a few years and I know how long it takes for things to get done. The assessment of grades for medicine is done by the RO, not by the med department. As far as I'm aware, they didn't even begin assessing this years med app transcripts until mid-November (after the deadline). When I was there, each alphapod did their own assessment of the students within their group, but I believe that out of province (and possibly even non-U of A students) went to a specific person/group (although that was a while ago so my knowledge is a bit dusty:\ ). So it ends up that this person or group ends up overloaded with all of the out of province apps (and possibly those from U of C as well!). So they are probably just chugging away at them. I would make sure that the RO receives your transcript, but as long as they have, then you're just playing the waiting game until the marks are updated.

hey all,

just in case anyone is still wondering about the pre-req's on the app's ---- I called and they said that their goal is to have them done by the 23rd, but if not then it will be done by early Jan. So they are still working away

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived